LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
does anyone know of a good site near salzburg Austria close enough for public transport into the city and hopefully with good views i have checked quite a few of them but opinions matter thanks in advance :Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Berchtesgaden in Germany. Great as a central hub for many beautiful places, all accessible by bus. Don't miss lake konigsee. ::bigsmile:

ivy

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Last autumn we had a couple of days at Camping Nord Sam in the suburbs of Saltzburg.
Broken Link Removed
It's close to the city, we didn't use public transport but there were cycle paths very easily into the centre. The attitude to cycling was amazing, it's a shame other towns don't follow their example. There were bus stops nearby.
It appeared to be a family run site. We were there right at the end of the season and it was very quiet but the facilities were good. There were no views from the site but a 5 minute walk took us to open countryside with well marked walks and a nature reserve.
We very much enjoyed our stay which was a stop off on our way home from Croatia.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
does anyone know of a good site near salzburg Austria close enough for public transport into the city and hopefully with good views i have checked quite a few of them but opinions matter thanks in advance :Smile:
Don't Know a site Bill
but would recommend a visit to the Water Gdns at

www.hellbrunn.at/

arguably one of the best days out available:thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
nord sam looks good and its acsi so will check them out :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
whats the walkin distance into Mozart square does anyone know we dont do bikes linda would end uo arse over tit and so would i after a few steins :Smile:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Last autumn we had a couple of days at Camping Nord Sam in the suburbs of Saltzburg.
Broken Link Removed
It's close to the city, we didn't use public transport but there were cycle paths very easily into the centre. The attitude to cycling was amazing, it's a shame other towns don't follow their example. There were bus stops nearby.
It appeared to be a family run site. We were there right at the end of the season and it was very quiet but the facilities were good. There were no views from the site but a 5 minute walk took us to open countryside with well marked walks and a nature reserve.
We very much enjoyed our stay which was a stop off on our way home from Croatia.

I can second that. A lovely little site located very close to the city. Easy access to cylce path which takes you along the Salzach River. We cycled along to Hallein - quite a ride - and then back on other side of river back to Salzberg. Beautiful:Smile:

Rob

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
whats the walkin distance into Mozart square :

I can't help with walking distance. The cycling was about 4 miles but that was directed alongside rivers and through parks so I'm sure a walking route would be much shorter. The staff at reception spoke English and were helpful, I'm sure they'd help in terms of busses.
The centre is very convenient to walk around with some very impressive views but also very tourist orientated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso