Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Here at Saltfleet, was beautiful and sunny yesterday, bit iffy this morning, had a bit of thunder and a touch of rain followed now by a bit of wind, but hey were funsters and things like that don't put us off! 10 of us went out for a fab meal last night, can highly recommend The Steakhouse in Mablethorpe, but you do need to book.
See the rest of you funsters that are coming to saltfleet later!
Love n hugs
X

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Chris, sorry we can't make it this weekend, Mike has a chest infection. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Ginny and Mike

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi Chris we will be there but not till later on tonight delayed owing the wee mans mother

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes, we are both hoping, we are supposed to be going to Malvern on Thursday.

Ginny and Mike
Yes, we are hoping too, having missed "our" Charlie this weekend. ;)
Seriously though, we do hope Mike is fit for Malvern. (y)

freelanderuk said:
Thanks to all that turned up in this bad weather and road chaos and a great big thanks to Graham (suggy) and mike (makems) for a fantastic nights entertainment in the marque,
Hear hear Chris. Another smashing Funster evening. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

OP
OP
F

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Well we had a great evening with a great band playing on the stage and was enjoy by all, only upset by an individual having to much to drink and airing certain views

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Absolutely hoying it down now here. Many vans are having to be towed off the field by a fella with a JCB Manitou - thank heaven for rear wheel drive :)

Despite the s****y weather today, its been a great weekend, especially the Rumble Band last night (y)

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Great weekend at Saltfleet ,Great in house and outside entertainment Thanks to Chris for his organization .Hope the funsters get home safe ,we took a flier and managed to get off early before the heavy rain .To all those we did not say byby too sorry but once i started rolling i thought it best not to stop. we look forward to seeing you all at the next meet . Hit very heavy rain on the way home with some roads flooded .Take care all. Harry & Shirley x

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Glad you've all had a good time.
Sorry we missed it, as it happens Ralph hasn't been called out as yet. :doh:
But if we'd have come, you could have guaranteed he would have.
5 more on call days to go..........

Drive safely, everyone , it's forecast really bad rain most of the day.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are the only ones left on the field which now resembles a battlefield after being chewed up by tractors towing vans off. Traders are all packing up and the main field is dotted with big puddles. Just hoping there is some respite with the weather before tomorrow.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We managed with help from a tractor to get out of the field at Saltfleet.
Thanks to all who helped push and pull the vans that were getting stuck.
Special thanks to Chris (freelander) who was pitching in and getting himself absolutely soaked in the pi@@ing rain and still smiling!
Well done Chris a great rally and totally agree with Ken, the band last night were fantastic. Especially after Linda gave their sound guy advice on how to get it right.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
thanks to all that came and enjoyed the weekend
Thanks to you for organisnig it again Chris. Top bloke. (y)

Thanks also to those who assisted us as we tried to make a quick getaway just before the rains arrived. Unfortunately, even with winter Mud & Snow tyres on the front, we just couldn't make it without the help of others pushing, (bl##dy FWD :().
A special thanks goes to John (johnp10) for the use of his bread crate bases. Cheers John. (y)
We do carry these items ourselves, but only from October through to April. Maybe we should have a rethink on that one. ;) Still, that's only three times we've been stuck in 9.5 years of MH'ing.

The weather on the way home, was just as bad as the weather on the way in on Friday, ie, absolutely awful.

Thanks again all, (y)

Jock & Rita.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks Chris for a great weekend.
Rumble Band were good.
Heavy rain on the way home, just got the van in the drive and the heavens opened here.
Same deal as Harry:
Once I got rolling, I kept it tat way, so to those we didn't say tarra to....Tarra.

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
Thanks Chris for yet another great get together. Great to see you all again.
Again, sorry for not saying goodbye, but I saw my chance and took it before the tractor came and churned up in front of me.
Thankfully Madge managed to get off, but then I couldn't get the sat nav on, missed a turning and spent an hour driving round a series of villages - 3 times, :doh: before I found somewhere I could stop and look at a map.!
Back home now and the torrential weather on the way back means that all my roof lights have leaked in.... :Eeek:.
Ah well, back to cleaning her up and drying her out.
Safe travels to all and hope to see you again soon.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, Home safe n sound , managed to drive off ok this morning, pleased i got the Vango 225 winter tyres .

Thanks Chris for the weekend and all the other Funsters that came along for the party ,

Really feel sorry for Saltfleet Village , all the work and finaces involved and they get the worst weekend of the year for weather , At least it held fine for Saturday Evening .

Photos of Saturday Evening on The Funsters , Facebook Page .

See you all at Malvern .

G n R xx

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Graham,
Are the pics on the site?
Can't find meet pics on the new layout.
Cheers.

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
thanks chris for a great weekend, entertainment was great and bill the drill a close second. sorry we missed you and everyone else this morning but needed to be on our way, once we got moving on the field we were not stopping for anything.

ravensworth

Free Member
Sep 2, 2011
sunderland
Funster No
MH
iveco
Exp
what can i say good night entertment friday night and sat night hoped to stop till monday butjust to much rain thank to salt fleet and chris for all the hard work denis and carol

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks Graham.
Can find the Funsters Facebook page, but that's all.
Just a short members' list, nothing else.

Edit.
Just seen the "Closed group" statement.
Any pics going on here in the media section?

Last edited:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I cannot sort out the resizing , and how to keep my original photos , i lost some of the maroc ones , thats why no morocco photos last year , i just put them on the facebook funster pages ,

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We now have a large expanse of water immediately in front of our van and the wind seems to be getting stronger. All the tractors left site mid afternoon taking the elsan dump tank with them and now there is just us here in the top corner plus a traders caravan on the main field.
The marquees are being buffeted by the wind and the big silent jenny used to power the stage show is still running for the traders van. Please God we don't get any more pigging rain over night or we might need Noah to get us off the field. :worried::sicker:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
hop
We now have a large expanse of water immediately in front of our van and the wind seems to be getting stronger. All the tractors left site mid afternoon taking the elsan dump tank with them and now there is just us here in the top corner plus a traders caravan on the main field.
The marquees are being buffeted by the wind and the big silent jenny used to power the stage show is still running for the traders van. Please God we don't get any more pigging rain over night or we might need Noah to get us off the field. :worried::sicker:
Hope your ok driving conditions on the way back were treacherous to say the least.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back