• Total voters
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
[HI]Don't EVER speak to me about low fat anything.[/HI] Mayo especially, instead of being made with just 'good stuff' it has CORNFLOUR in it and is full of carbs. Yeeukkkkk. Wash your mouth out, Janine!

Salad cream (Heinz) I used to love but then in them days Mayo was regarded as forrin muck. Hellman's full fat all the way if it aint home made, with 2 of us it's hardly worth making it I'm afraid though if I had a family and a 'proper' liquidiser with a little reservoir and hole specifically designed for this very purpose, like wot I used to have in a previous existence - it would be real mayo every time. It doesn't require livening up!

I also like vinaigrette and aioli. And Thousand Island and esp Blue Cheese dressings (Paul Newman are good)

Quite. Do it properly or not at all!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I voted salad cream because Mrs Deluxe has banned it from the house, together with sandwich spread - must be regressing back to childhood ......... Had moules frites the other day and nothing but full on mayo will do. Horses for courses, I suppose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Hellmans have just launched their own Salad Cream.

It was on offer........a lot cheaper than Heinz.so I bought a couple.

Not bad......quite edible...lighter in colour than Heinz and lacking the twang .

Heinz is still the king....but its very expensive !

Drizzle it on a mince Fray Bentos Pie..............now we're living !!!

barry:Smile:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hellmans have just launched their own Salad Cream.

It was on offer........a lot cheaper than Heinz.so I bought a couple.

Not bad......quite edible...lighter in colour than Heinz and lacking the twang .

Heinz is still the king....but its very expensive !

[HI]Drizzle it on a mince Fray Bentos Pie[/HI]..............now we're living !!!

barry:Smile:

Blimey have you been sitting in the sun?

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
I like both, however, Salad Cream has to be Heinz and usually Mayo has to be mixed with Tomato Ketchup!

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
I actually use both but no choice for that.

Grapey7

Free Member
Oct 12, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
RV HiTop
Exp
All me life
Clsoe

After voting I see how close these 2 actually are, and it is quite diffuclt as I like them both but for certain things!
If I really had to choose between them I would have to go with Slaad cream, the zing is amazing and goes with everything! Seriously, I could eat everythnig with salad cream..
Mayonnaise is ok but it's very 'afatty' the colour,the texture, generally something I onyl use on extremely dry things like boiled chicken in sandwiches and stuff like that.
I would say I eat 80% salad cream and 20% mayyonaise.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hellmans....shpellmans ! ........

Doesn't anyone except me and Jim make their own Mayo ( Frankie ??????) Salad cream, the name says it all ! Too much vinegar ! Although, I must say that sandwich spread is a great alternative to Tartar Sauce ! (also make that too ! ) Aren't I a big head culinary wise ! No answer necessary thanks !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Salad cream or Mayo

Had salad cream (light) on my salad today, but had Mayo on my frittes in Brugge last week, you just have to, it's the law innit ?.::bigsmile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I know a way to have it not that oily ... Use half 'huile de parafine' zero calorie. But you have to be careful and not having this all the time .... Or you may have to hurry to the toilets after 2 days ....::bigsmile: ... and it prevents your body from absorbing the C vitamins mainly!

But for some exceptionnal meal you want to enjoy ... it is really good . Unless you need to go to the toilets , then it is a nice way to help your beloved body:winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

AMICALEMENT .......:roflmto:

Frankie:RollEyes:

Frankie - I could only get paraffin from the local B&Q. It mixed well, but doesn't smell very good. would say that you should not smoke whilst eating this mix. ::bigsmile:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
salad cream for me , also like camp coffee and tea with evaporated milk, my mrs reckons I lie about my age as I act like I was brought up during the war.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
When making up Tuna mayo on the recommendation of a good friend (ships cook) I use equal amounts of Mayo and Salad Cream, much tastier :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Doesn't anyone except me and Jim make their own Mayo ( Frankie ??????) Salad cream, the name says it all ! Too much vinegar ! Although, I must say that sandwich spread is a great alternative to Tartar Sauce ! (also make that too ! ) Aren't I a big head culinary wise ! No answer necessary thanks !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Of course Steve I make it ... and Aioli of course and others ... but sometimes I am lazy ... so something ready is welcome!:winky:

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
God, this is all so English (or possibly American). Salad cream is the devils invention as is sandwich spread. Fresh Mayo is acceptable provided it is eaten within two hours of preparation. You can dip your french fries in it or or put it on your your salad, although there are better things to put on your salad. :RollEyes:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Cheese n Onion Crisp Sandwiches, salad cream .......obviously!!

From my Germany days.....Pommfrites mit Mayo....outstanding. Always tastes different over there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back