Sail shade canopy fixings? (1 Viewer)

JoJo12

Free Member
Sep 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Looking to convert
Exp
While I save up for an awning I plan on using a rectangular sail shade that I already have as a canopy on the side of my SWB transit conversion.

What would people advise to secure it to the van? Magnetic hooks? Suction hooks? Magnetic awning strip? It is simply canvas with eye holes in the corners as it would normally be strung up between trees, or similar.

Thanks!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I have been thinking about using something similar - I find the clanking of the Thule awning very disconcerting - but I would sew on beading to attach it to the front of the closed awning.

Covered magnets (so the don't scratch the paintwork) would work well in your circumstances, I would think.

OP
OP
J

JoJo12

Free Member
Sep 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Looking to convert
Exp
Thanks.

I've seen a few of the figure of 8 magnetic strips that go on the roof so was thinking I could perhaps sew in a channel on the shade for a pole, then use one of them?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Thanks.

I've seen a few of the figure of 8 magnetic strips that go on the roof so was thinking I could perhaps sew in a channel on the shade for a pole, then use one of them?
Sounds like a good plan :)

Check that you get the right size of beading. - there are 2 diameters.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
We have a couple of these to keep 2 very large dogs under control - have never left a Mark on the moho . If I were attaching a sun sail I’d probably connect it using a spring or short bungee

NSTART Auto Car Suction Cups Anchor,Powerful Sucker Cup Heavy Duty with Securing S Hooks Tie Down Car Mount Luggage Tarps Tents,Multifunctional Car Te Amazon product ASIN B07WFJVNC5

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

JoJo12

Free Member
Sep 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Looking to convert
Exp
We have a couple of these to keep 2 very large dogs under control - have never left a Mark on the moho . If I were attaching a sun sail I’d probably connect it using a spring or short bungee

NSTART Auto Car Suction Cups Anchor,Powerful Sucker Cup Heavy Duty with Securing S Hooks Tie Down Car Mount Luggage Tarps Tents,Multifunctional Car Te Amazon product ASIN B07WFJVNC5
Would be easier than getting the sewing machine out!

OP
OP
J

JoJo12

Free Member
Sep 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Looking to convert
Exp

So I went with this and they worked a treat. In fact they worked so well that they will be on all summer as I couldn't get them off again 🤣

Attachments

• 20210601_191338.jpg
    20210601_191338.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back