Saga vs Safeguard (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Its that time of year again when my insurance is due and i have been checking around for comparable quotes, which to say the least is a mine field, I think my eyes are going square trying to read the small print in the conditions.

I seem to have reduced it down to 2 main contenders being Saga and Safeguard they both appear to offer the same or very similar benfits as i want :-

Unlimited european use
Unlimited european breakdown cover for a 4000kg MH,
An annual milage upto 10000.

(By Unlimited i mean no restriction on the number of times i go or on the length of time I stay).

Have any of you compared these 2 companies and if you have are there any major differences i may have missed

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Braunston

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You probably have but just in case,

Have you tried Adrian Flux Insurance ?

They have come out with the best quote for my Ford F150,, out of all the ones I have tried.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, old-mo

Thanks for the suggestion, I haven't tried them this year as last year they were quiet a lot more expensive .

The real problem is trying to decifer the actual difference between any of them, as i am currently with Safeguard who while I have no problems with, I have just got into the habit of checking around every year as thedifference in premiums between companies can be quiet significant and out of those that i have tried Saga appear to be nearly £70 cheaper which is in my book a significant reduction.

However, I am concerned that i am getting the same cover, I have been through their conditions for both the insurance and the breakdown cover and they appear to be comparable albeit they are slightly different, but if you take that into account plus the £70, Saga are looking like a very good price and they can provide Green Cards for some of the more obscure places we may possible want to visit.

Do any of you use Saga and how have you found them

You probably have but just in case,

Have you tried Adrian Flux Insurance ?

They have come out with the best quote for my Ford F150,, out of all the ones I have tried.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Do any of you use Saga and how have you found them

I haven't used them ( and never will ). I 'phoned them for a quote, which was far too high and *five years* later I was still frequently getting their junk through my letterbox. Reason enough for me to never give them any of my business. It seems that you have already been in contact with them so it's too late for you ......................:cry:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Insurance-SAGA

I am with SAGA at the moment but I doubt if i will renew next year as they are on the pricey side. I have the breakdown including Europe, have used the service in UK for a puncture efficient enough, I wonder how much help you would get compared to say the Caravan Club if you have a problem abroad? i.e obtaining spares etc

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
It just seems to be a fact of life with insurance in you lose out if you stay loyal to a company. I am with Saga this year as they gave me the best price for the cover I wanted. When I shop around I write the list of criteria such as unlimited foreign us, 10k miles a year, etc. then get all the quotes based on it. with insurance don't go with your heart go with your wallet. :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
i am with caravan guard. included in the price is all European recovery. but you must have a tracker fitted ! you get a discount with MMM (magazine) also. :thumb:

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
saga ins

I am with SAGA at the moment but I doubt if i will renew next year as they are on the pricey side. I have the breakdown including Europe, have used the service in UK for a puncture efficient enough, I wonder how much help you would get compared to say the Caravan Club if you have a problem abroad? i.e obtaining spares etc
i got a quote from saga i found them expensive so i stayed wth caravan guard for my motor home. saga quote a discount to get you there then following year bang price up .

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Braunston, depends on your m/h if it's a Yank Saga DON'T insure them. I posted a reply a while ago on this subject can't remember where it is though- senior moment! so that takes them out of the equation. There are several other brokers for Americans though, so it's really a case of ringing round for the best deal.
Dave:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back