Saga insurance (1 Viewer)

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
We had breakdown in Spain, covered by our insurance with Saga, brilliant support, trailered the m/h back to Uk garage of choice.

Dec 24, 2020
North Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Free S 600
Exp
Extensively by motorcycle, now trying it with a little more luxury!
I am just a bit miffed to say the least with Saga at the moment... I informed them of a no fault claim ( no really 100% not my fault.. some idiot did a 3 point turn in the road and hit the car when they reversed ) when I was a named driver on my MIL's car and insurance as one is supposed to as my renewal notice has come through and I am on their 3 year fixed premium deal and they have the cheek to try to put up my premium by £60! Told them to stuff it.... however cant find anything anywhere near as cheap so might have to eat humble pie and accept it!
How can a completely no fault claim cost me!
I believe the reason is that if you have been involved in any accident whatsoever, you are statistically more likely to be involved in another.

Aug 17, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
Moved to Saga this year.
Cheaper than CMH club similar cover.
Just renewed my car insurance were not so competative. This surprised me based on positive MH experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I believe the reason is that if you have been involved in any accident whatsoever, you are statistically more likely to be involved in another.
Whilst I cannot say that is not how the insurance companies see it I simply cannot see how someone driving into me due to their incompetence whilst I was stationary can mean I should be penalised.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Hi all,

Following on from all of the above I was with Advance Insurance and the quote they gave us went up by £60 to £536.00 with our renewal and other sites could not beat that but……..

One nice insurance chap said try Saga so…..

Saga comes back with £426 and that’s with full RAC cover at extra £99.99 plus we added on extras for insurance covers etc and that’s the 3 year fixed price option.

So it pays to shop around that’s for sure.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,

Following on from all of the above I was with Advance Insurance and the quote they gave us went up by £60 to £536.00 with our renewal and other sites could not beat that but……..

One nice insurance chap said try Saga so…..

Saga comes back with £426 and that’s with full RAC cover at extra £99.99 plus we added on extras for insurance covers etc and that’s the 3 year fixed price option.

So it pays to shop around that’s for sure.
AND we get unlimited Europe Driver insurance cover...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back