SAGA £50 to cancel a policy - wont be getting my MH insurance business (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
AIB charged me £25 when I put the Personal Plate on the 'van.
They then sent me a new Certificate with the wrong Reg. No on it.
Not impressed, (And I hope you're reading this) tic, tock, tic, tock.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
They all charge something for changes, the only time we've not been charged is when our insurance was coming up to renewal so it was waived although they didn't insist we had to renew it with them but obviously hoped we would (we didn't).

We're members of Boundless (used to be CSMA)
When we took off the personal plate on the car and put it on the 'van (see last posting) LV who cover the car Didn't charge us anything.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They are also bombarding me with offers of motorhome insurance even though I have told the not to send me any more letters.
Snap, still get reminders and renewal letters 7 years after simply asking for a quote.
Once hooked they won't let you go.
I don't even bother opening the letters, straight in the bin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
When are people ever going to realise that there is not one halfpenny of difference between named insurance companies? Just take a look who actually owns them, most in this country are owned by three separate companies. Remember when people would only buy certain brands of petrol? "I only use ESSO". It all comes from the same refinery! Same with insurance. It's just a con to make peeps think they are getting a better deal from this or that broker.

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
true Tootles, we are all getting shafted, when we start a new policy they give a deal then push the price up every year plus admin costs in many cases, its a cartel, swine that they are,

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( I've just sent a claim in to Saga re buildings insurance after Storm Doris. After reading all the above, I'm not looking forward to the probable ensuing fight.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Comfort just as bad told when I asked them to note new storage location they charged £25 to update address grrr
thankfully I got a return which more than covered it.
TBH all insurers are the same admin charges galore some more than others and the interest rates they try to charge you are best off taking a loan / use a credit card its cheaper lol, that is if you need a finance package

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
:( I've just sent a claim in to Saga re buildings insurance after Storm Doris. After reading all the above, I'm not looking forward to the probable ensuing fight.

How did you manage to insure with Saga? You are supposed to be over 50 Joy! (y)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
NFU do not charge any amendment or cancellation fees! Just about to move from Saga to NFU this morning for my car having been with Saga for many years now.

GRUMPY OLD GIT

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 8, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Started in1974 with a converted London ambulance
Been with Saga for 9 years now,average increase in premium £8 per year. Have made several 'admin' adjustments never been charged. Have made 2 significant claims both dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Yes I could get it cheaper if l scoured the market but l like to sleep at night knowing l'm well insured. Well done Saga, keep up the good work. Bob.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Thought I would give them a call for a car insurance quote to be told that we are rural enough for them to insure. Oh well, will stick with Saga for now.:confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back