SAFETY RECALL - Gtech Batteries (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I have had a letter from Gtech relating to a safety warning and recall.

"Gtech would like to replace the battery on Multi handheld vacuums Model ID ATF006 manufactured between 01/09/2015 and 31/12/2015. This is because there is a riskthat smoke, or flames could be emitted from the battery while it is charging."

The affected batteries have a four-digit code under the battery model number. If this code ends with '15', the battery will be replaced by Gtech free of charge. The recall applies only to these vaccum cleaners and the specific battery.

My letter had instructions for replacing and returning. I filled in the on-line form around lunchtime and I've been notified that a new one will be delivered and the old one picked tomorrow. That's quite impressive remedial service!

I don't know what procedures are in place if you have such a battery but are not registered with Gtech as owning one.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Went online filled in form New battery delivered today. Driver said hes done quite a few today. Must be a second tranche. A year since original post . Just wish Fiat were as proactive with airbag ECU problem.
I suppose this is a timely warning. Don't charge unknown Lithium ion batteries whilst not in/near the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back