Safes In Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
There was a post not long ago about safes in mhs. One thing ive done is scan all important docs and emailed them to my self. At least ive got copies , not the same i know but at least something (y)

And in September I was routinely stopped by the guarda civil and police in Spain. Who accepted my details on my mobile.

I wasn't wanted, drunk or awkward mind!@

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Check video at 6.30 mins...

JJ :cool:

Thankyou for that Mr JJ, I did as requested and watched it beyond the point suggested.

As I suspected it confirms two facts ..... firstly, that your hiding place would be obvious to any low life wishing to relieve you of your valuables (ie FB pies) .... and secondly, why I have never been a fan of Blackadder.:wink:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I hide my money, beyond the wit of any thief, in an old sock, under a loose floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser...

If it is a dirty old sock then you will be quite safe. I am told that a person ignores or becomes immune to smells very quickly.

There is a better idea, put a false bottom in one of your lockers, to hide documents safely it would only take a depth of10mm space or so to hide most docs.

Our van came with a few places that have false bottoms so you can access pipes etc. I will investigate further as I am sure that there will be room in one or more of the places to stash documents - or a memory card.

In the past I have left copies of documents with family members. Any electronic cloud or email system could be hacked. I like the idea of photos on a camera or card or similar. I am sure that there is cheap or even free software that would scramble images as well. It's all a case of making things so awkward that the thief moves on.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
My people regret to inform you Mr Icantrember that you have been crossed of the Christmas Card list...

@icantremember @JJ Oh heck.... another one....!!

As icantremember receiving your Christmas card Mr JJ, it won't make much difference to me .... except I shall no longer have to reserve and polish the special spot on my mantel I kept in hope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Just a general observation is that people rarely look up. Perhaps a false top to a cupboard would work as well as a false bottom.

I have a few other ideas of how to hide things in plain sight but will keep quiet about them on a public forum.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
I hide my money, beyond the wit of any thief, in an old sock, under a loose floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser...

Well I think that is very cunning,one of your old socks would probably repel the IRA,have you ever thought about taking deposits?
Probably safer with you than most of the banks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back