Safes In Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance
So I'll be going full time next year and want somewhere secure to put cash, passport, birth certificate, laptop etc....
Any suggestions? I don't mind something that bolts down somewhere. Almost definitely going to be a Burstner Elegance i821 if that helps.
Thanks.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
There was a post not long ago about safes in mhs. One thing ive done is scan all important docs and emailed them to my self. At least ive got copies , not the same i know but at least something (y)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
There was a post not long ago about safes in mhs. One thing ive done is scan all important docs and emailed them to my self. At least ive got copies , not the same i know but at least something (y)
Highly recommended precaution :xThumb::xThumb:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Would photo copies be a good precaution too? There are colour ones around. I don't have a scanner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Is that not a bit risky if your email account gets hacked - all that information available to undesirables.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We spread items about the Moho rather than have a cupboard full of valuables, hidden compartments built in rather than a safe. The idea being that the Growler from @eddievanbitz will have made their ears bleed before they clear us out.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you have a smart phone then have a search for document scanner apps. Am using one called scanbot on android.

They use the camera to capture docs, but combines images of each page creating PDFs, etc. Some can do advanced things (OCR ..) but you often have pay for them.

We still photo docs to store but the scanner is much easier.

Once you got the docs store them on line and/or use a small USB stick.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a safe, key type, hidden and screwed to the floor ( I think the hidden bit is more important than the fixing down)
When you get your Motorhome I'm sure you can find somewhere to hide a safe.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have one of these fitted to my Ducato-based MH though I'm not sure what seats you will have in your Burstner. It was a pain to fit but once in place its not coming out in a hurry. Heavy duty safe with keys, really happy with it and gives me peace of mind:

Link Removed

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I hide my money, beyond the wit of any thief, in an old sock, under a loose floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser...

JJ :cool:
I'm sure that's the first place any self respecting tea leaf would look .... but the "old sock" would surely foil them!:eek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a safe (already in when we purchased the M/H) we leave the key in the lock. It would only take a crim 5 seconds with a wreaking bar to prise it loose.
There is a better idea, put a false bottom in one of your lockers, to hide documents safely it would only take a depth of10mm space or so to hide most docs.

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
I tend to hide most of my money behind the bars in pubs, seems fairly safe there (never get it back though):cheers::beerchug::beerchug:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back