safeguarde insurance breakdown insurance (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hi has anyone got experience of useing the breakdown insurance whilst abroad.i am with caravan club red pennant.used them once in france.they were exelent,left it all to interpreter to sort.my son is with safeguard.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yes. In Germany they were efficient, quick and very friendly and helpful. In France they were so bad I wrote a letter of complaint to Safeguard and the AA (they use the AA).

We had a rear tyre blow out in Normandy on a Sunday. The problems started with confusion between the AA and the local garage as to where we were not helped by the fact that the French hardly ever speak English.

Eventually when the local guy turned up looking annoyed that he had been called out on a Sunday afternoon he was awful. His jack was rubbish and he decided it was too unsafe for him to release the spare wheel from under the van so I would have to do it. I'm Arthritic and there was no way I was going under there. Stalemate ensued until he eventually relented.

I suspect however that this was maybe an isolated incident. I suppose the AA etc will just use local contractors on their books and perhaps the quality level varies depending where you are.

Im sticking with them though as they offer 365 insurance for the EU which also includes the breakdown cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back