Safeguard (Swinton) Problems with Docs their end. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,
Returned from France on Sunday and first job on Monday morning was to organise new Insurance for the 'van starting 00.01hrs Wednesday.
Whilst 'over there' I had got all the quotes and decided to go with the above.

Been with them before, rang them up, organised the cover and was told that the docs. would be sent by Email. Nothing arrived.
On Tuesday rang them up and was told that I should have been told to Register with their site to download the docs.
Tried to Register but the site wouldn't accept that I was a customer.
On Wednesday rang again and was told that the info I was given was wrong, "Do you want a cover note" is what I was offered. I declined and was told that the docs would be sent electronically.
Nothing arrived.

Today I rang again and finally I was told the truth.
Whether it was the whole truth we will have to wait and see but it appears that a Gremlin has got into the Safeguard system and they do not have the ability to forward to you a valid Certificate or anything that personalises your Insurance in your name, (other than a Cover Note which apparently lasts 30 days.

So, If you were thinking of going to Safeguard as a new customer in the immediate future and/or your renewal is coming up and you are also going abroad and require a hard copy Certificate of insurance, I would be asking some very pointed questions before you hand over your hard earned money

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This gets better.
Rang up on Monday, paid for Insurance. Insurance to start Wednesday 00.01hrs.
Ring up to today to be finally told that AT THEIR END they are having probs.
"Would you like a Cover Note" "Yes Please"
Notwithstanding that I paid for Insurance to start on 19th July, when do you think the Cover Note starts.
Yep! That's right 15:23hrs on the 20th??? (When the conversation took place)
Good job the 'Van has been sitting on the drive and there's no danger of knock on the door asking me to prove insurance in the 39hr gap between old cover finishing.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Bad but not as inept as the Co-Op insurance I had some years back. Renewed policy, received paperwork and thought nothing of it for a couple of months until I noticed the payment had not left my bank account. Queried this only to be told they had not actioned it and it had lapsed, so I had spent two months uninsured. No explanation of why I had been issued documents and no formal apology received. Needless to say I went elsewhere for my insurance. Are they still in the mh insurance business?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Bad but not as inept as the Co-Op insurance I had some years back. Renewed policy, received paperwork and thought nothing of it for a couple of months until I noticed the payment had not left my bank account. Queried this only to be told they had not actioned it and it had lapsed, so I had spent two months uninsured. No explanation of why I had been issued documents and no formal apology received. Needless to say I went elsewhere for my insurance. Are they still in the mh insurance business?
:eek:
Unbelievable guess we all know what they would say if you'd had a bump.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Update on original posting.

I telephoned Safeguard today to inquire as to the status of their problems as outlined.

I was informed that, as of Monday 24th July, all processes were back up and running,
"So, if you asked for the documentation to be printed and sent out to you, as of Monday we were printing them and sending them out. It may take four or five days to get them all out." Their words
I asked what the status of my documents was as I couldn't remember whether I had asked for the online or through the post.
"You said "Online" so you can now print them out."

How would I know? You haven't told me until now.
Oh Well. You can do it now.

So there you have it. Safeguard will no doubt be sending out Ouiji boards with every Policy sold so that you can keep up to date with their inabilities, not only to process the forms, but to inform their customers of their current status.

Is it me???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back