maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
A word of warning to those who travel a lot. Safeguard, who to be fair have done me well up till now, now point blank refuse to send any documentation by email. My insurance has always expired about this time and I am nearly always overseas like a lot of us and up till now I have had no problems renewing other than having to pay by phone. Now they do not send reminders by email, no renewal quote by email, no documents by email. I am just hoping my new insurers will accept the wording on an email as proof of no claims. I have changed to Caravan and Motorhome Club whose online service and system worked a dream.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
i renewed with them in Jan. i called them, they gave me a renewal over the phone, followed up with a copy of quote by post and I download the documents from their web portal.
what is the problem? That seems pretty standard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maxi77

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Well last year I told them I expected to be and I wanted all correspondence by email which at the time was agreed by them, nothing to do with my location just general policy it seems, no documents by email. Me being out of the country though makes it required for me and I suspect many others. From CMC I had all my documents within minutes of pressing the pay button on their website, excellent

OP
OP
maxi77

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
i renewed with them in Jan. i called them, they gave me a renewal over the phone, followed up with a copy of quote by post and I download the documents from their web portal.
what is the problem? That seems pretty standard.

They refused to send any documents, no mention of a web portal and this was perhaps emphasised in their last email where they said conclusively that my NC cert would be posted. If they have a web portal why not offer access for renewal info, and why stop sending renewal emails, especially when they have said they have noted the need for email correspondence on your file.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Comfort always deal with documentation by email, unless you specifically request postal communications.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I just download my Safeguard documents from their website and save them as pdf files. They are always available wherever I go. One phone call at renewal is all it seems to take. Perhaps they didn’t explain their system properly @maxi77 but with the documents available online and downloadable I feel no need for email or postal copies.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
https://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/
https://www.mysafeguarduk.co.uk/Login/Login/?ReturnUrl=/&_ga=2.17434746.254935550.1519134703-917039179.1513600851

Safeguard.jpg

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The OP is quite correct, they will not send renewal documents via email, only post.
Why, I don't know because all the other documentation can be accessed via their website.
I had the same conversation with them as I thought we might be out of the country when the renewal came round and a look at the renewal price on-line would be much easier.
As it happened we were at home this year so the problem didn't arise.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back