Safeguard Insurance 25% Discount Code Until 30th April 2015 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Code NEC14 gives 25% discount off motorhome & caravan insurance policies from Safeguard if you are a new customer & call 08009951415. Have posted this on another thread http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/safeguard.94507/ but as it is valid until next April thought it a good idea to add this as a seperate thread so anyone searching for info. on the web (might bring in some new Funsters too!) could possibly benefit from the discount. Have read good & bad on forums about Safeguard so not endorsing them but may be handy for some if this is who you choose having compared all the options. We are currently with Caravanguard but will shop around for best cover & price at renewal.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
P1sses me off when firms dangle carrots for new customers when existing ones get jack sh1t. :mad:
Internet Providers are particularly guilty of this underhand trick. :mad:
Existing customers are captive and therefore more likely to renew/resubscribe since many see looking for alternatives as a hassle.
New customers are lured in with the bait.:mad:
Perhaps I should get Lynda to renew our MH insurance with Safeguard next month- bet the buggers would crib at that as she's already covered to drive under my policy.o_O

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I'm always sceptical about these 'discounts'.
Try this - call them and get a price without mentioning any discount code. Then when you get a price - tell them the code.
What's the betting they won't knock 25% of what they quoted you:mad:

I'd love to be proved wrong though(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do agree with the BreweryDave - normally do an online/phone quote first then mention the discount code. Please let us know your experiences.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I'm always sceptical about these 'discounts'.
Try this - call them and get a price without mentioning any discount code. Then when you get a price - tell them the code.
What's the betting they won't knock 25% of what they quoted you:mad:

I'd love to be proved wrong though(y)

Don't think you will be :(

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone have a current discount code as we plan to buy and insure a motorhome tomorrow?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
P1sses me off when firms dangle carrots for new customers when existing ones get jack sh1t. :mad:
Internet Providers are particularly guilty of this underhand trick. :mad:
Existing customers are captive and therefore more likely to renew/resubscribe since many see looking for alternatives as a hassle.
New customers are lured in with the bait.:mad:
Perhaps I should get Lynda to renew our MH insurance with Safeguard next month- bet the buggers would crib at that as she's already covered to drive under my policy.o_O

A Pet hate of mine also...We long term members are subsidising this, and paying loaded premiums as a result...God! they make it sound like its out of the kindness of their hearts:cautious:!

Sep 9, 2014
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Summer 2014
Just had a chatter to Safeguard - bit of an eye opener.

Wanted to insure a Smart car and the m'home all under one company. Had to speak to two seperate departments...Smart insurance, dropped by £100 when I told them it was too much, good price in the end.

Same story with the motorhome crew too...dropped it by £130 after getting the "too much" response from me. Why the couldn't give the best price in the first instance just strikes me as chancing it.

Still won't cover the Smartie for anything else other than 3rd party when being towed, not a lot of use to me.
Just hoping that NFU, who will insure the Smartie when being dragged around, will be as good

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
My understanding of the way in which these Insurance companies work is this- the boss goes into the telephone sales department and says " ok you can give an extra 30 per cent off six premiums each today as we need x amount of cash in this week"
Just an example in numbers but I have heard this is how things work. So the discounts you get are not always available.
Etap

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back