Safefill refillable LPG gas cylinder (1 Viewer)

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
Can anybody tell me whether this system is acceptable at fuel stations around Europe, particularly France, Spain and Portugal. There is a Certificate of Conformity published on their website, safefill.co.uk, but the reality of filling at a fuel station may be different. They appear to have all the necessary adapters available, the cylinder us light, transparent, and portable. I'd appreciate anyone's experiences with this system

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You will probably struggle abroad, whilst most places couldn't give a hoot if you 'look' like you're filling a standard type cylinder rather than one in your vehicle you could be refused - we've had a refusal once and we've got 'proper' Gaslow refillables with a filler point so it does happen, albeit rarely.

Personally I'd go down the Gaslow/Alugas/Gasit route rather than Safefill as they admit themselves that you might have trouble finding somewhere to fill it, the certificate of conformity means nothing abroad, or to be honest, in the UK.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Not sure what you mean by SafeFill but in 10 years of having a Gaslow type system I have only been refused once and that was in Italy where "they are technologically trained" and refused to allow me to fill even though we have a fillpoint outside the vehicle. I think he was upset because I had to use an adapter to screw into my fillpoint. We drove to another with the adapter still in place and filled as if it was a LPG vehicle, no problem
I think you should have no problem provided the filler is external and you do not need to have open gas lockers and be seen to fiddle about.
Mike & Ann

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back