Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Saw this at the Newark show http://www.safefill.co.uk/safety.html
Has anybody purchased one? and what do they think of the concept?
I Emailed the company and asked about Continental adaptors for France Germany etc,they said they had an adaptor for France and Italy and would be showing more at the N.E.C. all in all a lot cheaper system than Gaslow.
Steve.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A great long awaited concept
But
What do they say about the general Blanket fourcourt ban on filling stand alone bottles:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
With no remote filling point, you either fill within the locker, which is not only dangerous but difficult ... or lift it onto the forecourt... then we have this issue>>>

LPG is now available on many petrol station forecourts however as the industry has had concerns about people illegally filling rented cylinders, [HI]you may be refused in many of these until the Safefill message has been completely understood. [/HI]

Not for me, I would much prefer a fixed tank or a Gaslow system..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
A very good point Geo,the people at the show said that they have been designed to fill in the same principle as an LPG tank with an equalising valve which has a non return shut-off which automatically actuates once the bottle has been filled to 80% capacity and when the filling gun is removed no gas can escape.
Might be worthy of another email to ask about the forecourt legalities though!!
Steve.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was also interested when I saw them at Peterborough this year. Apart from the filling aspect there was another factor which put me off - they (like the Alugas cylinders) are larger than standard Calor cylinders.

Our gas locker is sized for two 6kg Calor cylinders and it's a fairly snug fit. The Safefill cylinders have a diameter of 307mm (51mm more than Calor) so I simply couldn't fit two of them in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back