Safe-fill bottles (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Yep...me again!! Moving close to some decisions and the savings fund is topping up nicely, however I'd like to ask your advice on refillable LPG systems. Firstly, from my searching, I can't find anywhere in my home country (Poland) that stocks either the Gas-it or Gas-low systems. From what I understand Gas-low only has dealers and doesn't ship their products. Gas-it does deliver internationally but I would imagine that the shipping costs could be rather (read incredibly!) expensive. I'm therefore considering the safe-fill type bottle system which I know I can get over here for any van purchase. My question is, for those of you travelling into mainland Europe (so France, Spain, Germany) or central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia etc) have you had any problems getting this type of bottle refilled in a normal garage? Do you just open your bottle locker door and go for it or do you use alternative transport to take your bottle to the garage?

Thanks as always you lovely bunch you!!

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I do both.
Most often I take the bottle in the back of my car, to fill-up before I leave on a trip.
Occasionally, I have filled within the locker. You need to disconnect the pigtail from the bottle first. I obtained pigtails with a hand-wheel to make that easier.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Gas-it and Gaslow are made in Poland, Gas-it are rebanded Stako so you should be able to get them or nip across the border into Germany and you should be able to get both Stako & Gaslow.
Biggest problem with Safe fill the are a single hole cylinder dso you have to remove the system connection to fill and you can't fit an external filler.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach Autograph
Exp
We have twin Gaslow bottles with an external filler - not had any problems filling in France and Spain over last 4 years- apparently Italian service stations like to do the filling themselves and won’t fill without external filler but we have travelled Europe the last 4 years and find the Gaslow system ideal for our needs

Upvote 0

Agzy

Free Member
Jan 6, 2020
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Yep...me again!! Moving close to some decisions and the savings fund is topping up nicely, however I'd like to ask your advice on refillable LPG systems. Firstly, from my searching, I can't find anywhere in my home country (Poland) that stocks either the Gas-it or Gas-low systems. From what I understand Gas-low only has dealers and doesn't ship their products. Gas-it does deliver internationally but I would imagine that the shipping costs could be rather (read incredibly!) expensive. I'm therefore considering the safe-fill type bottle system which I know I can get over here for any van purchase. My question is, for those of you travelling into mainland Europe (so France, Spain, Germany) or central Europe (Czech Republic, Slovakia etc) have you had any problems getting this type of bottle refilled in a normal garage? Do you just open your bottle locker door and go for it or do you use alternative transport to take your bottle to the garage?

Thanks as always you lovely bunch you!!
Have used them when caravanning but my now motorhome gas locker won’t fit them so have the small red one, full of gas, for sale and larger blue one, with a slightly damaged outer casing but safe according to safefill, half full of gas for sale very cheaply if you want to message me.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Tinley Tech might ship an underslung tank system, but i am surprised if you cant get LPG installation sourced in Poland!

I just spotted composite cylinders on their site, but they dont hold as much but only weigh a couple of kilos lighter. they do have the 80% safety valve to prevent overfilling but have to be disconnected for refilling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Have used them when caravanning but my now motorhome gas locker won’t fit them so have the small red one, full of gas, for sale and larger blue one, with a slightly damaged outer casing but safe according to safefill, half full of gas for sale very cheaply if you want to message me.
as the OP is in Poland, shipping might be an issue? i might be interested though - am in manchester for a couple of days at rhe moment so not too far for a good price. PM me ?

Upvote 0

Agzy

Free Member
Jan 6, 2020
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
as the OP is in Poland, shipping might be an issue? i might be interested though - am in manchester for a couple of days at rhe moment so not too far for a good price. PM me ?
Daft but how do I pm?

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
click on my profile and then click on start conversation

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back