Safari room Omnistor 4000XL

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by rambojonjay64, Apr 18, 2012.

1. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi i,ve a Hymer 660S motorhome with a Omnistor 4000Xl awning fitted, i,m wanting to buy a safari room(second hand) for the awning, i,ve been on to Thule(Belgium) who took over Omnistor and theyve informed me they dont do a safari room that will fit this awning, no one seems to know if a newer model safari room would fit my awning could ayone please advise because this is literally doing my head in ha ha

regards jonjay :Doh:

2. con-tiki

con-tiki

Ratings:
    +189
    I am assuming your awning is 4m wide?. I think some of the fiamma privacy rooms may fit. You probably need the longer depth one (up to 2.85m) So it would be a 4m large Fiamma clip system

Shirl

3. con-tiki

con-tiki

Ratings:
    +189
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ratings:
    +6,111
    You can give Glenn or Ian a ring on 01-580-883061 and ask them if a Fiamma will fit or give Rose Awnings a ring (They are Omnistore agents in UK) http://www.worldofmotorhomes.com/outside-van/safari-rooms/rose-awnings-omnistor-safari-rooms

5. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    Brilliant! Thanks for your replies,at least i,m on the right track now ha ha! Shirl i had a look at that link you posted,seems ideal and the advert said something about adapters to fit on a Omnistor awning,just goin to make a few more enquiries then i,ll go for it.I tried Rose Awnings and they gave me a price of £822 + delivery,way over my budget(its not cheap this Motorhome lark)!i did ask for some advice too and they seemed a little unhelpful.I will ring the number you gave Johns Cross,for some advice,again many thanks for your replies

jonjay :thumb:

6. Glynn

Glynn

Ratings:
    +18
    We have a safari room thats fits our Omnistor waning 4.5m I think, any use ?.

7. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    Many thanks Glynn my awnings 4M wide,too small for your Safari room

jonjay :cry:

8. andyk68

andyk68

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 4000xl on my camper and I thought it was 4 metres, but after checking I've found it is actually 3 metres. I'm also looking for a safari/privacy room to fit it, there does seem to be a few to choose from however its a height issue with my canopy. Its on a Toyota HiAce import and only 185 cm high. The standard height seems to be 225 and above.

If yours is a standard height Jonjay then you probably want this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carefree-...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item41650443a9

9. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    hi Andy thanks for your reply ,i,ve measured my awning and its just over 3.9 metres long,maybe a bit longer with the end caps ,the actual height is 2.5m plus whatever the skirt measures, i think in this case the 4000xl denotes 4M,the nice people on this forum have pointed me in the right direction,at least i know Fiamma safari rooms will fit!its just down to budget really jonjay :thumb:

10. andyk68

andyk68

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats strange, need to re measure mine now. Its definately a 4000xl and when i measured it I got 290cm plus the ends.
    The link I posted do a range including a 400cm one that is compatible with Omnistor.

11. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Andy i,ve had feedback from another forum,and they said that the 4000 doesnt neccessarily denote 4m in length,something to think about mate jonjay

12. andyk68

andyk68

Ratings:
    +0
    So it would seem, you would think though that all 4000xl's would be the same length.

13. rambojonjay64

rambojonjay64

Ratings:
    +2
    yes nothing is simple is it,keep looking mate one will turn up jonjay