ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi All, Looking to buy a safari room for my Omnistor 3.5m awning.

The issue i have, is that, it is to fit on my Hobby motorhome, which has curved sides.
I have been lead to believe that i can fit a safari room but not a residence, i have also seen that they supply special sides to fit the hobby vans.

Anybody fitted one to a hobby ?? or know anything about the fitting i would require, i would prefer a second hand one, but need to make sure i get the correct one. Help :Eeek::Eeek:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
[B]:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
HANG ON TO YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE HEAVY AND TAKE UP A LOT OF ROOM. OUR ONE HAS SPENT MORE TIME IN THE SPARE BEDROOM THAN IT HAS IN THE VAN. WASTE OF SPACE AND MONEY WORST THING EVER BOUGHT FOR VAN.

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
[B]:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
HANG ON TO YOUR MONEY. THEY ARE HEAVY AND TAKE UP A LOT OF ROOM. OUR ONE HAS SPENT MORE TIME IN THE SPARE BEDROOM THAN IT HAS IN THE VAN. WASTE OF SPACE AND MONEY WORST THING EVER BOUGHT FOR VAN.

Yeah, but i will be parked up for 7 months during the summer, it is very windy were i am this year, so i presumed that this would be the most secure and water tight awning i could use.
Maybe someone will tell me if there is a better option? (may start another thread) ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Safari room

'Yeah, but i will be parked up for 7 months during the summer, it is very windy were i am this year, so i presumed that this would be the most secure and water tight awning i could use.
Maybe someone will tell me if there is a better option? (may start another thread) '

Yeah, but there not water tight, Fiamma or Ominister have never claimed they are..... the best privacy room that even gets close to being partially water tight is the 'ZIP' type privacy room:Smile:

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
'

Yeah, but there not water tight, Fiamma or Ominister have never claimed they are..... the best privacy room that even gets close to being partially water tight is the 'ZIP' type privacy room:Smile:

Thanks will take a look at these.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have one for sale if you want one. I think it's 3.5 m.

About 5 years old but hardly used.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I will check with my wife what size ours is and post in the morning- she is putting daughter to bed.

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
I will check with my wife what size ours is and post in the morning- she is putting daughter to bed.

Yes may be interested what type is it?? does it have the sponge bits that go down the side of the van??

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes may be interested what type is it?? does it have the sponge bits that go down the side of the van??

No. I read something that suggested they weren't very good or scratched the van, I can't remember now.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
That is interesting ,we have used our privacy room quite a lot but not had any marks off the sponge tube .I will monitor in the future just incase lol.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That is interesting ,we have used our privacy room quite a lot but not had any marks off the sponge tube .I will monitor in the future just incase lol.

I did read something but I honestly can't remember what it was :Doh:::bigsmile:

I think it causes damp and rot in your van::bigsmile:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
'Yeah, but i will be parked up for 7 months during the summer, it is very windy were i am this year, so i presumed that this would be the most secure and water tight awning i could use.
Maybe someone will tell me if there is a better option? (may start another thread) '

The best & only one that gets close to this is a made to measure G H awning & room, but its megabucks

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My Omnistore safari room does not leak and we have found it to be superb. We have had it up for 6 weeks now and it's been subject to some very windy nights and a little rain (Benidorm) and again has not failed us.

When packed up, if done correctly the awning fits smugly between the two front seats of the cab and the Ali supports fit's neatly in the space behind the seats and we find we can still swivel the seats around.

I would estimate that 90% of people on this site have a awning installed in one form or another, so still very popular and of course practical.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a 4m safari room.

Here's an extract of an email from my wife:

Oministor Safari residence - colour: Alaska Grey, to fit 4 meter width roll out awning

Metal poles, sides and front of residence and 2 bags ( one to hold poles, one to hold material sides and front) together with a DVD showing how to erect it easily

With curtains.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back