Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Awhile ago there was a thread discussing the use of cannabis for recreational purposes, I stated that I had had a big argument with my younger sister over her using it back then, we had since made up, but her mental and physical health had deteriorated over the last 2 years and she became very mentally unstable, very unstable although she had given up smoking by then, she fell out with us, (me and my elder brother) again and did not contact us for the last 18 months.
I had a call today from her partner today saying that she has passed away this morning from a brain tumour and pneumonia at 67 years.
I'm not saying for certain that her smoking cannabis destroyed her, but I'm personally convinced that it had a bearing on her very irrational behaviour.
All I ask is, before smoking cannabis, or anything else for that matter, please think what you are doing, and think of your loved ones especially.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am very sorry to hear your news.

Can't think of any other words that express what I'd like to say (((hugs)))

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Condolences to you and your family.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family, and your sister' s family.

The relationship between cannabis use and mental health really does need more study.

Last edited:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I have used it in the past and it made me so paranoid that I stopped and never used it again, however that is no consolation to losing someone you have not had the opportunity to make up the past with.

My sincere condolences to you on your loss.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I'm sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family, and your sister' s family.

[HI]The relationship between cannabis use and mental health really does need more study.
[/HI]
I totally agree, anyone who says cannabis is harmless is deluding themselves.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Awhile ago there was a thread discussing the use of cannabis for recreational purposes, I stated that I had had a big argument with my younger sister over her using it back then, we had since made up, but her mental and physical health had deteriorated over the last 2 years and she became very mentally unstable, very unstable although she had given up smoking by then, she fell out with us, (me and my elder brother) again and did not contact us for the last 18 months.
I had a call today from her partner today saying that she has passed away this morning from a brain tumour and pneumonia at 67 years.
I'm not saying for certain that her smoking cannabis destroyed her, but I'm personally convinced that it had a bearing on her very irrational behaviour.
All I ask is, before smoking cannabis, or anything else for that matter, please think what you are doing, and think of your loved ones especially.

I Have never had the pleasure of meeting you, but as a fellow member of the human race, I send my sincere condolences and thoughts.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Very sad news, condolences to you and your family.
I totally agree that much more research is vital, I work in a school where I know students as young as 13 are smoking cannabis. Trying trying to get through to them is virtually impossible because they all know better. :Sad:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
we don't know each other , but like all the others reading the thread , I wish you happier times in the future and hope you get through this.

kind regards andy.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Very sorry to hear about your sister's death. Please accept my sincere
condolences to you and your family.

Just an after thought - could the irrational behaviour be due to where the tumour was actually located in the brain?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back