Sad loss. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Really sorry to hear your sad news. Its such a difficult time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
My heart goes out to you. A sad act carried out with love, compassion and strength to do what was right for little Nell. Never easy, but it is the last great act of love. Run free, over the Rainbow bridge, Nell. :h:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
RIP Nell always a sad time, and a difficult decision, :crying1: but many happy memories last forever.
You can never replace them, but getting another makes it easier. (y)
Bob and Janie.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Theres a space in the home that can never be filled...

Don’t Cry for Me. Don’t grieve too long, for now I’m free, I’ve followed the path, God set for me. I ran to him, when I heard him call, no more time for fetch, nor catch a ball. I could not stay, another day, to bark, to love, to romp or play. Games left unplayed, must stay that way, I found such peace, it made my day. My parting left you, with a void, please fill it with, remembered joy. A friendship shared, your bark, a kiss, oh yes, these things, I too shall miss. Be not burdened, with ties of sorrow, I wish you sunshine and joys of tomorrow. My life was full, you gave so much, your time, your love and gentle touch. Perhaps my time seemed, all too brief, don’t lengthen it now, with undue grief. Lift up your head and share with me, God needed me here and set me free.
I don't get emotional but this left me in floods of tears :cry:
I lost my mum 42 years ago today and the following day her dog passed away in my arms :( a wee westy 15 years old
Bill

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yesterday was a sad day for you, it reminds many of us of similar times, I can assure you the smiles do return with the memories, once the tears stop

RIP Nell, hugs for you Val x

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Very few non pet owners understand the bond between us & our beloved pets.
We lost one of our border collies last year & it tore my heart in two.

Time will help & I find remembering the good times & most of all the totally absurd times helped me to get over things.

OP
OP
Val 3 dogs
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I don't get emotional but this left me in floods of tears :cry:
I lost my mum 42 years ago today and the following day her dog passed away in my arms :( a wee westy 15 years old
Bill

Thanks Bill, that's a lovely verse,your Mum's little Westie obviously didn't want to be parted from your Mum either.
Verses such as the above really get to me.

OP
OP
Val 3 dogs
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
@ambulancekid thank you for your kind words and thoughts .Over the years I have lost more faithful four - legged friends than I care to think about.
We had our first kittens when I was three,our first pet dog when I was 4 and my very own personal puppy when I was six.
Since then they have just kept on coming, often in their multiples, mostly collies and alas leaving too. It doesn't get easier, they each break my heart when they go but they have all made me smile and brought me such happiness over the years, when they go they leave such wonderful memories .
Now Lass is 'senior dog' , 4yr old,(Chocolate Merle), border collie and Querida is the apprentice , 8 week old Spanish Mastin.
Hopefully we will go on together to make still more memories.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Very sorry to hear your news. I know just how it feels. A hard decision to make but, I'm sure, you'll have made the right one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back