Sad ending to a brilliant few days.... (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Few photo`s of our longest trip out in "Big Blue"....

(Named the PVC Big Blue..... cos me Honda Jazz is Blue but little.. :doh: :giggler: )

Right back to our trip.... Not been on a club rally for many years, since the kids were young and I was CCJ leader of the New Forest DA.... that was short lived, about a year, had to give up because of work commitments and could not give the time which it was taking..

So off we set Thursday Morning to "Warren Farm" Brean..... easy run up about two and a half hours...

Rally did not start till Friday... so we booked in to the same rally field for the night... £20 for us and the dog.... disabled pitch just a short walk from the showers etc..

When we joined the rally on Friday we were allowed to stay where we were so no de-camping and moving.. And a bonus from the one night at £20..... it was only £13 a night with EHU and all free facilities... :Grin:

The showers and all the other facility`s were immaculate... On a par with Camping Marjal on the Costa blanca, which I know a lot have been to... over the years...

On site meals were good, and a good price... "Fish "N" Chips and Mushy pea`s.. £6-75... (y) All the other meals we ate there were of superb standard and HOT...

Went off on our scooters a few times... and met up with an old friend from our RV days who is on the RVOC site... (Sister site to Fun.)

Afraid I did not get any sea fishing in... too steep for me to get down to the beach... :crying:

Had a lot to chat about....

The weather was brilliant, although some times a bit of a breeze... But still sitting out side was do-able...

Would be a fabulous site to have an early or late rally at, with every thing needed on a huge complex, that was not overly busy, with all hard standing and EHU`s.. :hugs:

Hopefully there will be a few more Funster members joining our happy band... gave out a good few of Jim`s cards..:smiley:

Unfortunately we had to leave this morning for an appointment....... but after getting home my carer checked her diary and it is not till next week... :swear:............... So we could have/of stayed another few days... :doh:

As it happens we woke this morning to light rain, which started to get heavier... so perhaps it was just as well we had to leave..

The upset of the trip was....... Judy had a call from her sister late last night to tell us, Michael our Brother in Law (Judy`s sister`s husband.) had passed away earlier in the day..

Just got to try and persuade Judy to grab a flight from Bournemouth airport to Newcastle to go and be there for her sister... but when I mentioned it she just said.... how can I leave you.... you could not come due to flying... so got to work on her....

There are just the three of us left now, and this is one of the reasons I was unsure about moving back to Weymouth...

Be warned.... I think I am a jinxed... stay clear.... :blush:

Well that`s it for now... got a lot to sort out...

Few photos =
...................................................................................................

The site is huge... Not every ones cup of tea, but clean, and big pitches etc

DSC02300 (600 x 450).jpg

Our little enclave...

DSC02302 (600 x 450).jpg

Huge fishing lake.... But you must have a permit and get a day pass from the tackle shop just outside the site..

DSC02304 (600 x 450).jpg

Watched a huge herd of (I think, Canadian geese) land the night before..

DSC02306 (600 x 450).jpg

There is a nice walk around the lake But too far for me to chuffle..

DSC02307 (600 x 450).jpg

More of the flock..

DSC02310 (600 x 450).jpg

Judy and Daisy just chilling out in the hot heat..

DSC02317 (600 x 450).jpg

Nearly tea time... get up of your bum, woman, I,m hungry..

DSC02318 (600 x 450).jpg

That`s your lot.... :imoutahere:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009

(Named the PVC Big Blue..... cos me Honda Jazz is Blue but little.. :doh: :giggler: )

Right back to our trip.... Not been on a club rally for many years, since the kids were young and I was CCJ leader of the New Forest DA.... that was short lived, about a year, had to give up because of work commitments and could not give the time which it was taking..

So off we set Thursday Morning to "Warren Farm" Brean..... easy run up about two and a half hours...

Rally did not start till Friday... so we booked in to the same rally field for the night... £20 for us and the dog.... disabled pitch just a short walk from the showers etc..

When we joined the rally on Friday we were allowed to stay where we were so no de-camping and moving.. And a bonus from the one night at £20..... it was only £13 a night with EHU and all free facilities... :Grin:

The showers and all the other facility`s were immaculate... On a par with Camping Marjal on the Costa blanca, which I know a lot have been to... over the years...

On site meals were good, and a good price... "Fish "N" Chips and Mushy pea`s.. £6-75... (y) All the other meals we ate there were of superb standard and HOT...

Went off on our scooters a few times... and met up with an old friend from our RV days who is on the RVOC site... (Sister site to Fun.)

Afraid I did not get any sea fishing in... too steep for me to get down to the beach... :crying:

The weather was brilliant, although some times a bit of a breeze... But still sitting out side was do-able...

Would be a fabulous site to have an early or late rally at, with every thing needed on a huge complex, that was not overly busy, with all hard standing and EHU`s.. :hugs:

Hopefully there will be a few more Funster members joining our happy band... gave out a good few of Jim`s cards..:smiley:

Unfortunately we had to leave this morning for an appointment....... but after getting home my carer checked her diary and it is not till next week... :swear:............... So we could have/of stayed another few days... :doh:

As it happens we woke this morning to light rain, which started to get heavier... so perhaps it was just as well we had to leave..

The upset of the trip was....... Judy had a call from her sister late last night to tell us, Michael our Brother in Law (Judy`s sister`s husband.) had passed away earlier in the day..

Just got to try and persuade Judy to grab a flight from Bournemouth airport to Newcastle to go and be there for her sister... but when I mentioned it she just said.... how can I leave you.... you could not come due to flying... so got to work on her....

There are just the three of us left now, and this is one of the reasons I was unsure about moving back to Weymouth...

Few photos =
...................................................................................................

View attachment 549117

Our little enclave...

View attachment 549118

Huge fishing lake.... But you must have a permit and get a day pass from the tackle shop just outside the site..

View attachment 549119

View attachment 549120

View attachment 549121

More of the flock..

View attachment 549122

View attachment 549123

View attachment 549124

Sorry to hear of your loss Mo, a difficult situation, please give Judy our condolences.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Mo!

Sorry for your loss .... Did I get it right, Judy is not going to the funeral?
You might not like my idea, but she said she doesn't want to leave you, which I understand perfectly but is there no Funster(s) you are really friend with who could come along very quickly and help you out if necessary or at least keep an eye on you so if you don't feel well they can react instantly? I'm sure it would make Judy feel safer to go on her own.
To Judy : Sorry Judy if my idea doesn't sound ok to you. I thinking aloud. And in fact had I been nearer to you I would have come to make sure Mo is fine while you're away.
EDIT : Thing is I don't think I would have been the "very best friend" I'm talking about.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am so sorry for your loss and a very very big hug for Judy.

This might not be a solution but could you get a train? First Class with assistance might work for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Glad you all had a good time while away but so sorry for your loss. You will be fine on your own while Judy flys off to comfort her sister. Microwave meals have come on a long way now. Take it easy. (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Microwave meals have come on a long way now. Take it easy. (y)

Cheers Mikey.... :hugs:

That`s what I have been trying to drum into her... I will be fine...

I think Pat her sister needs her more than I do...

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear of loss Mo and Judy. Condolences to all family.

Exacerbated by travel problems. Tell Judy that you will be OK with help from MHFun crowd if needed, but probably not needed as O am sure you are resourceful.

Geoff

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

Few photos =

View attachment 549117

Our little enclave...

View attachment 549118

View attachment 549119

View attachment 549120

View attachment 549121

More of the flock..

View attachment 549122

View attachment 549123

View attachment 549124

Been to warren farm brean many times it's just how you describe it, a fantastic site did you have the carvery on sunday?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Been to warren farm brean many times it's just how you describe it, a fantastic site did you have the carvery on sunday?

No, Chris......... we went up early and pigged out on a big breakfast... :doh: :sick:

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Was there pre covid, £9 inc leccy. bargain. Didn’t see the lake though.
condolences to you both.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
So sorry to hear of your loss Mo. We can all say we’re not far away, and would happily come to any assistance you might need, but I know that wouldn’t be enough to make Judy leave and go to be with her sister. Nevertheless I will say it, and hope you can work out a way for her to be with her sister at this sad time.

Glad you had a good time in Somerset, we were there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Brean is only 40 minutes from us, and we don’t go there nearly often enough! It’s usually a winter day time trip for a walk up on the Down, and cheesy chips on Weston seafront after!

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I’m glad you had a good time on holiday. So sorry for your loss :cry:

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Sorry to hear your news, our thoughts are with you and yours.

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
So sorry to hear your news. Condolences to the three of you. Sending our love and hugs x x x

pamelaar and Brisey x x x

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to hear your news Mo, it must be tough for Judy:(

Hope you can work something out and glad you enjoyed your little break.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
old-mo Sorry for your loss

If Judy decides to go north. Train from Weymouth to Southampton Airport Parkway and then fly to Newcastle. No direct flights Bournemouth to North East.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
thinking of you all at such a sad time, love and hugs from me to you, judy and sister in law, take care whatever judys decision..

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I was really pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves sway it seems a nice set up you have.
Sorry to hear about Judy's sister, but at the end of the day I think it's Judy who has to do what she feels is best.
Sending hugs to you both.x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back