Sad but glad (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Great feeling being mortgage free.:Smile:

We paid our mortgage off about 10 years ago. We did get the deeds but I put them somewhere safe and don't know where I put them.:Doh:

It is just as well we paid mortgage off because at the moment our bills seem Horrific:cry:

If the deeds are now online, can we view them online and maybe get a PDF copy of them?

Maybe you could ask Di for me.

Di says dont get deeds now it is all computerised on line don't know what she knows about it. Oh forgot she works at the land registry:Doh:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
If it is registered at the land registry you can get a copy of the title plan and the register from the land registry for a fee but you need to go to the official land registry site because there are other sites but they charge more it is not the deeds you get but you can get the official document that says it is registered in your name but only if it was registered with them apparently so di says you don't need deeds anymore if it is registered

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
If it is registered at the land registry you can get a copy of the title plan and the register from the land registry for a fee but you need to go to the official land registry site because there are other sites but they charge more it is not the deeds you get but you can get the official document that says it is registered in your name but only if it was registered with them apparently so di says you don't need deeds anymore if it is registered

Thanks for the info.

I will look at the official and registry site.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Only use the official land registry.gov site or you will pay a lot more Where are my deeds kept?

We only handle original title deeds in order to create the register for land or property when it is first registered with us. After registration, we return the original title deeds to whoever lodged them at the time – usually the purchaser's solicitor or licensed conveyancer.

As Land Registry now holds all registers electronically, the possession of title deeds is no longer required to prove ownership. Instead, we issue official copies of the title register and title plan. You may apply for these at any time – see 'How can I prove that I own a property?'

Many mortgage companies have adopted a policy of not holding any deeds for registered land or property; they rely on our electronic records.

If the register refers to 'filed' deeds, we will have kept a photocopy of the deeds. For further details, see 'How can I get copies of deeds referred to in the register?'

If your property is not registered, your deeds may be with your solicitor who acted for you when you bought the property. If you have a mortgage your deeds may be with your bank or building society.

If you think your title deeds have been lost or destroyed, see our guide to lost or destroyed deeds.

Are land certificates and charge certificates still valid?

When registering land or property in the past we used to issue documents called either:

a land certificate (where there was no mortgage on a title), or
a charge certificate (where the property was subject to a mortgage).
We no longer issue these certificates and any that exist have no legal status.

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I googled official land registry site and thought I was on the official land registry site and almost paid 5 times the amount that I paid on the government site.

Thank you so much for the advice::bigsmile::thumb:

I now have a copy and saved it to my hard drive. ::bigsmile:

Thanks again:thumb:

Only use the official land registry.gov site or you will pay a lot more Where are my deeds kept?

We only handle original title deeds in order to create the register for land or property when it is first registered with us. After registration, we return the original title deeds to whoever lodged them at the time – usually the purchaser's solicitor or licensed conveyancer.

As Land Registry now holds all registers electronically, the possession of title deeds is no longer required to prove ownership. Instead, we issue official copies of the title register and title plan. You may apply for these at any time – see 'How can I prove that I own a property?'

Many mortgage companies have adopted a policy of not holding any deeds for registered land or property; they rely on our electronic records.

If the register refers to 'filed' deeds, we will have kept a photocopy of the deeds. For further details, see 'How can I get copies of deeds referred to in the register?'

If your property is not registered, your deeds may be with your solicitor who acted for you when you bought the property. If you have a mortgage your deeds may be with your bank or building society.

If you think your title deeds have been lost or destroyed, see our guide to lost or destroyed deeds.

Are land certificates and charge certificates still valid?

When registering land or property in the past we used to issue documents called either:

a land certificate (where there was no mortgage on a title), or
a charge certificate (where the property was subject to a mortgage).
We no longer issue these certificates and any that exist have no legal status.

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Yes you have to be carefull what would cost you three pounds at the official . Gov land registry site can cost you fifteen or more at others they make you think you are looking At the right site glad you are now sorted :thumb: I see the one that you probably looked at charging around twenty quid. A title register costs £3, a title plan costs £3.

A Flood Risk Indicator result costs £9.00 (excluding VAT)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
If you leave a small amount on the mortgage, you can raise money far more easily and probably cheaper in the future if the unforseen does happen and you need money quickly. Lenders are also a lot more choosy on new loans nowadays so it tends to be more difficult than previously.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/mortgages-vs-savings

Thank you for the advise but once I am mortgage free I will have no debts only everyday bills after all these years of paying mortgages car loans etc and will then live for the first time ever not owing anything and saving cash for the things I want in life no lenders to pay very soon or in the future. Bliss:thumb: A mortgage is a debt. It may have special properties, but it is a debt just like any other. This is from martins money tips.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back