S.O.G. system. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm thinking of fitting an SOG system to the toilet cassette on my van. has anyone got one and what are they like, any good / no good ? and are they worth the expense taking into account the saving on chemicals.

john.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
i'm thinking of fitting an SOG system to the toilet cassette on my van. has anyone got one and what are they like, any good / no good ? and are they worth the expense taking into account the saving on chemicals.

john.

Well I have not actually fitted one myself yet. It's on my list of jobs to do. However I have done a fair bit of research on them and most in fact nearly all that have fitted them recon them to be the dogs chopped of bits.
The one I require is £87. I know there are different ones depending on what cassette you have, There is also a litlle bit of cutting required to fit the outlet fan vent. It looks quite straight forward though.

As regard money, or financial incentive, to my van not a lot. We have four campers on mine and spend a good deal of our time wild camping or on CLs. We hardly use a 1L of toilet fluid about every 4 months. So it would be a couple of years before I got my money back. However I believe the biggest advantage in our MH is removing the unwanted smells that you get. Now that I ca'nt comment on.:ROFLMAO::whatthe:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
strange as it sounds we've never had any unwanted smells. i stick a fillercap full of the dark blue stuff(thetford blue i think) in the cassette and it seems to keep it under control.:thumb:

the original plan was not to use the toilet for the hard stuff except when wilding but the best plans of mice and men, as they say.
if we go away for just a weekend i end up chucking a lot of chemical away as the tank is maybe only half full/half empty and as the chemical is only effective for a short while it seems a waste of money.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rwhites1

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
Fitted one on my new van had one on the old van.They are great no chemicals only drawback a bit more smellier when emptying.The oxygen brought in by the fan breaks down solids and comes out as brown liquid.No chemical smell in toilet like when you use blue stuff.

2escapees

Deleted User
ZOG Zehr Gute!

It's probably the best investment you will make. No chemicals so you save money and protect the environment. We have used it for 4 years and traveled from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara without problems. Yes it might smell a bit when you empty it sometimes but it is no worse than that awful chemical odour you get if you don't fit a ZOG

:thumb:

S

Stueysheep

Deleted User
.... er........ what's an S O G?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2escapees

Deleted User
Its a small fan and a venting system for your thetford cassette, not much use to those with American RVs. Basically your waste is broken down naturally without the need for chemicals. The fan comes on when you flush and extracts air out through a carbon filter and thats stops smells coming into the van!

It is German of course and excellent.:thumb::Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A SOG system is worth fitting but it's not very friendly to neighbours in close proximity to the exhaust smell, :Sad:
yes , I know it has a carbon filter but how many bother to replace it or even know that it should be replaced ? Not many, if my experience is anything to go by.:Angry:

I also think it is overpriced for what it is, basically a 12 v computer fan and a few feet of hose and a carbon filter.. .. :RollEyes:

Fortunately RVs don't need them, they exhaust the black tank gas through a roof vent using the natural draught.. :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back