LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not everyone - parked myself up at Gravelines and met a Funster, Littlewheels , who once helped me out with some parking when I had a hospital visit. Major coincidence followed by a couple of socially distanced beers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Pleased you made it and park up with a fellow Funster.

Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: f6c

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Here is the route I have planned using Search for Sites and Camper Contact, some paid, some free. I am taking enough food for the entire journey, not stopping for shopping, everything is on board.

It is pedal to the metal - total route not allowing for detours is 5500 miles and around 105 hours of driving in total.

Departing 10th September - get back 16th October which allows me 2 days in Copenhagen, 2 days in Stockholm, 4 days in and around Tromso, 2 days Helsinki, 2 days Riga, 2 days Warsaw and 2 days Hannover.

Military operation - travelling days depart by 6:30am arriving at each place in good time to get settled and explore the rest of the day, electric bike on board so ready to rock and roll - just waiting for the Ocado truck to deliver the food next Wednesday :LOL:

Will be sure to send photos and updates

View attachment 422302View attachment 422302
You should start a travel thread with this trip as I'd like to keep track off it ....id like to do a similar trip perhaps next year

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Here is the route I have planned using Search for Sites and Camper Contact, some paid, some free. I am taking enough food for the entire journey, not stopping for shopping, everything is on board.

It is pedal to the metal - total route not allowing for detours is 5500 miles and around 105 hours of driving in total.

Departing 10th September - get back 16th October which allows me 2 days in Copenhagen, 2 days in Stockholm, 4 days in and around Tromso, 2 days Helsinki, 2 days Riga, 2 days Warsaw and 2 days Hannover.

Military operation - travelling days depart by 6:30am arriving at each place in good time to get settled and explore the rest of the day, electric bike on board so ready to rock and roll - just waiting for the Ocado truck to deliver the food next Wednesday :LOL:

Will be sure to send photos and updates

View attachment 422302View attachment 422302
Have a great trip but if you are going that far north why are you missing the Lofoten Islands? That's the featherery bits to the left of the top bit. :)

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have a great trip but if you are going that far north why are you missing the Lofoten Islands? That's the featherery bits to the left of the top bit. :)
the islands are on that route map as several people have said I should go. Just haven’t decided which way to do it.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBK

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Just keep in mind, it is easy to get lpg in Norway, not so easy in the north of Sweden and almost impossible to get in Finland, if you want to use your own bottles.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We were in the same position. March hols cancelled, June hols cancelled and sept hols were looming. We'd moved June Provence/Annecy bookings to Sept and chunnel booked. NC500 thoroughly researched but saw midge after midge post and tales of spaces on campsites non-existent or if short notice entry, forbidden to use facilities. We decided to continue with our french plans. Been 10 days and not regretted decision at all. Hot, well socially-distanced and full of paddleboarding, cycling, eating good food. Just as dangerous in uk currently. People who govern forget that with camping, it's really not the same as being cramped in a hotel with communal buffets, lifts etc.

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Anybody tell me what automatic toll wotsits it would be handy to have or are essential - countries are France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.

Anything I can sort in advance or do I need to do as I enter the country?

Thanks

not sure if you’ve heard of Karen and Myles who are the Motoroamers. Anyway they have produced free ebooks of their travels, with hints, tips and costs and many free parking places

<Broken link removed>

there is one in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. I recall she talked about ore buying the toll tag

carol

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
We made the decision to leave for Europe on 16th August. We're now in Portugal enjoying sunny, cloudless days.
I'm Currently sat on a terrace enjoying a cold Sagres in 34°c. 👍
The aire we're at usually has many Brit, Dutch, French, German and Belgian visitors. This year, we're one of two Brits here and there are no French, Belgians, Dutch or Germans here and haven't been for the last week. However, there are many more Portugese and Spanish motorhomes than usual. I guess staycations are big in 2020.
I can see the scamdemic is having the desired effect in keeping people from travelling due to the "fear" of Covid and the fear of quarantine, the punishment for having the cheek to want to spend time holidaying in a foreign country.
We're trying our best to forget the scamdemic in the same way as we're ignoring Brexit. 😁
Have a great time away and meet (a few less) like minded people. 👍

Actually it’s more the problem with motor insurance!!! Currently away but not before FO said essential journeys only!! So had to tunnel - do anyway - and high tail to Germany.
It’s not Covid I’m bothered about as am quite high risk but rather be legal. My life is mine and I know the risks so will take precautions as I would at home. But only got x. Years left - I want to continue doing it now whilst I still can

carol

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
At Eurotunnel in Folkestone. I am the ONLY vehicle here 😀.

safe travels and have a fantastic trip I will be with you. It’s opposin this family - I want to go but he doesn’t!!!

Hope you get those ebooks. Only just saw the post!

carol

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Actually it’s more the problem with motor insurance!!! Currently away but not before FO said essential journeys only!! So had to tunnel - do anyway - and high tail to Germany.
It’s not Covid I’m bothered about as am quite high risk but rather be legal. My life is mine and I know the risks so will take precautions as I would at home. But only got x. Years left - I want to continue doing it now whilst I still can

carol

I think insurance wise, it's travel insurance that is affected, if it were motor insurance then I imagine insurance companies would have to advise their customers if coverage would be lost whilst travelling abroad.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I think insurance wise, it's travel insurance that is affected, if it were motor insurance then I imagine insurance companies would have to advise their customers if coverage would be lost whilst travelling abroad.
No problem with motor insurance

travel insurance. I could not get a straightanswer from NFU as to whether medical cover was cancelled for all countries Re Covid. Have taken a single policy with post office in addition which does definitely cover medical in all countries except where FCI advise against

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yep, plenty of places in the UK to see instead of galavanting abroad. I’m sure you can see the Northern Lights from Skeggy and just as pretty!! Seems to me you’ve opted for the wider picture anyway, it don’t come much wider than the route you’ve chosen!! I’m sure you’ll be embracing your social distancing obligations. I think 20km is quite achievable where you’re headed. Best of luck to you. Live the dream for all of us!!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No problem with motor insurance

travel insurance. I could not get a straightanswer from NFU as to whether medical cover was cancelled for all countries Re Covid. Have taken a single policy with post office in addition which does definitely cover medical in all countries except where FCI advise against
The travel insurance ive bought covers me for emergency medical assistance due to covid and repatriation if necessary but doesn't cover any other losses due to covid
So not too bad
All other cover is as normal

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
This thread has been a good read. Good luck and enjoy ceejayt