Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Have you also looked in to the possibility of hiring a MH actually in Rome, and once over their what are the laws on seat belts etc., another thought is that you got a MH with an awning that had a bedroom annexe.(or two)

can an organisation like "Wish upon a Star" help?

good luck with your pending venture, and I hope it lives up to Ryans Dream.

Andrea
x

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would just like to wish you good luck in your quest you sound like wonderful parents:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You will be hard pushed to find 'cheap' hire for europe as the insurance for self drive is quite expensive, especially for foreign countries.

Other option for space is a six berth with an awning, which could cure your sleeping problem, but you would need a fair amount of seating inside for travelling.

Other option would be a trailer tent, towed behind your 'normal' vehicle, or a mini van/bus. These would easily accomodate 8! We were thinking of renting these a few years back - very spacious, and would be the cheapest option.

In fact you could buy a new trailer tent for what it would cost to hire a motorhome for europe for 3 weeks. Always sell it when you get home! Take spare wheels with you!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
May be able to help you. They have a monster of a van for hire especially adapted for the disabled. They do barges too. Contact rebecca.bruce@brucetrust.org.uk tel. 01264356451. Hope they can help you.

Hi Cat53.

I see you are new to the forum and may not have realised that the thread you have replied to is 3 years old and was posted by a "read only" Funster, not a paid up member.
Chances are that they have not been back on here in all that time.
I may be wrong, but someone will soon put me right if I am. In the nicest possible way, of course. :winky:

It may be prudent to have a look at when the thread was first posted and when the last posting on the thread was, and by who (whom ?). ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back