RWG phone sim with some calls/SMS/data included each month for free (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I posted about the below sim back in April 2021 (see link at bottom of this post for the original thread) but as things have changed a bit in the 'mobile phone' world I thought I'd mention it again.

Its a free sim from RWG who are based in Wales, it uses the EE network and you get 50 mins or 50 SMS (or a mix of both) plus 250mb of data a month for nowt. You can get sims with more data/calls/texts if you want starting at £1, but the free one is good for those who want a standby sim in case their main one goes kaput or can't get a signal without having to lay out credit or have a contract (if it's on a different network to EE!).

If you want to be able to use mins/texts/data abroad though you'd need to go for a paid sim as the free one is UK only:

EU Roaming is included in all of our paid plans (not included in our FREE plan!).

Original sim thread: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...h-free-credit-each-month.239134/#post-4478034

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Thanks for posting this up, sound too good. ;). Anyway, have ordered one and will be perfect putting it to use in the iNet box.(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One thing you'll need to do is contact them to get voicemail removed if you don't want it (not necessary if used in a MIFI etc) - put the sim in a phone and then ring 669 from it or you can ring them on 01633 415333 from any other phone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
What's the coverage like in the EU, please?
Dunno not been able to go yet to find out! :crying:

As it's on the EE network I would imagine it's okay though.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I got this deal (thanks Minxy), it's good value, works well. Customer service is good. How can you lose?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to update this thread - the free RWG sim now has an initial £5 charge which is applied as credit which won't expire and no need to keep topping up, you'll still get the free allowances each month but your credit won't be used unless you exceed these, the below link is to the new plans (the original link no longer works) and is still a good option for those who just want a spare sim for the odd occasion when they may be out of area for their main one, just for incoming calls, or for a basic tracker etc:

Sep 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
just-looking
Does anyone know how much data is and calls and text if you are in the EU but on a free plan? Is it 5p a minute/text and 1p a MB for data?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Does anyone know how much data is and calls and text if you are in the EU but on a free plan? Is it 5p a minute/text and 1p a MB for data?
Before we went abroad I read the info on their website which says:

International roaming is automatically enabled when you receive your RWG Mobile SIM Card. All EU roaming is included on the same terms as your UK plans and prices for all of our plans above £1 (not included on FREE or £1 plans).

So I asked for clarification about use in the EU and this is the reply I got:

Roaming is not enabled on our FREE or £1 plans but if you have an active credit balance you will have roaming enabled. Therefore, if you want to use PAYG with an active credit balance you will be able to make calls from France to the UK. Any calls from EU countries to UK numbers are charged at our standard rates of 5p/min and 5p/SMS.

You can't use your 'free' allowance abroad though so any usage will come of the credit you have on your account at 5p/min, 5p/SMS and 1p/mb data.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You're very welcome ... and welcome to the fun house! :giggle:

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Got my SIM on Monday, set it up in my ZTE router, arrived in France wouldn't connect untill full restart on router now working fine no problem, may have to do same once in Spain, will let you know

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Got my SIM on Monday, set it up in my ZTE router, arrived in France wouldn't connect untill full restart on router now working fine no problem, may have to do same once in Spain, will let you know
On the P&R in C/Ferrand and all is still well with RWG sim....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back