RVs (1 Viewer)

Michael

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Funster No
Hello from Michael & JJ
We live in Swansea and have been Motorhoming for 8 years, we have a 24 ft Rapido A Class.
We are looking for people interested in RVs as we hope to purchase one in the near future, we like the idea of slide outs on the RVs for long stay travel (once we have sold our house ) we were thinking of flying to Florida to purchase a 30 to 32 ft van, then hopefully tour America and Canada before returning to UK, Our problem is finding the right van for us, we have been looking at the Safari Simba, Holiday Rambler, Tiffin Alegro, and Gulfstream Independence.
we need advise from people who own a RV to give us their opinion, also of any problems traveling with a van of this lenght around Europe.

Thank you in advance

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome to the FUN site, there are lots of RV owners on this site some having done what you are thinking about. They will be along to answer your questions and offer advice soon.:thumb:

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
i have had 3 rvs over the last few years the last one is the biggest at 37 feet .Ihave travelled a lot in the uk and down through france and spain and my opinion has changed from a couple of years ago .I would buy the shortest one you think you can live with ,i would not buy the 12 -8 height ones i think they are to high for parking on a lot of sites in hot countries where trees are used for shade,and also vunerable to side winds when travelling.A lot of the rvs are 100.5 inch wide which is very tight through the tolls .so it looks like the 32 feet independance Have fun looking,but this is only my opinion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Michael & JJ

In March we traded in our 1999 Allegro 26ft 6.5l Chevy diesel with just 18000 on the clock. The diesel was noisy and under powered, 210hp. Quality of build was not brilliant.
We now have a Thor (Four Winds) Hurricane 30Q 2004 , no slides but very spacious layout and excellent build. Based on Ford Triton 6.8l petrol V10, which I have had converted to LPG. The Hurricane is available with slideouts.
We are dead chuffed and glad we made the change. We have been to France and visited several places in UK since March and it has performed faultlessly with stacks of quiet power, well worth a try.

regards Larry and Win

ps we have spent two three week hols in rented RVs in USA in recent years, Fabulous!!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Michael & JJ

Forgot to say Hurricane 30Q is 32ft long 7.1 tonnes, no problems on sites here or in france

larry & win

D

dgt62

Deleted User
Hi Larry, Win,
We have a Four Winds on the E350 chassis (C class ) it is Diesel and we are thinking of selling it and going to the US to buy another C Class but finding it very hard to get another Diesel one, what kind of MPG are you getting out the LPG?

Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back