RVs - easy to buy - problem selling? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The cost of the VanBitz goodies.. like the alarm (There is a very good Ford alarm and immobiliser fitted... but Safeguard wanted the VanBitz fitted on top) ... I wanted a backup camera... so I had the expensive (to expensive) pioneer backup camera and satellite navigation and entertainment (music) all in one system. The NETA satellite TV (the original as supplied in the USA had been removed prior to shipping)... Then add all the extra toys I wanted like air assisted suspension on the rear, the expensive CB with hand-helds and various fitting kits for RV and car etc., wanted a 26" flat screen UK - PAL tv and not the American one that was also 26" which it came with... but on wrong frequency... you have seen the list goes on and on... soon gets to £14k and more... a new set of tyres best part of £1k - all had good tread but slight crakes in the walls.. I change my tyres if there is any slight risk.

The American RV does come very highly spec'd ... it is a fact far in excess of most europeans..

But it gets away Terry from the fact about selling them..... it is a case unless you have hired one in the USA or owned one, most european motor home owners have no idea what is on offer as standard in a yank... You may love your panel van conversion. Not for me. I want real glass (often double glazed), a house hold size fridge with a separate freezer (double doors) that can carry a lot of food. But I want a toilet I can get in to and a real shower room as big as at home. Plus the slide out.. few europeans have that. But Terry that is standard on an RV... the £14k I spent was on the extras I wanted.... I could have used my Wingrad crank up arial and used freeview (do sometimes) .. standard fitting on a yank .. then I would not have needed a free to air satellite dome unit and the 3000 channels.

Bob
::bigsmile: You have missed the point Bob :Doh:::bigsmile::winky:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can anyone help me please?

I was wondering if any members of the sister forum to Fun, RVOC (set up for RV owners,) frequently go on and on about how wonderful their Euro motorhomes are and seemingly mock the RV's on that forum?

Some RV owners seem to me to do that over on this side of the "divide"...

I suppose they are fishermen. :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

I was wondering if any members of the sister forum to Fun, RVOC (set up for RV owners,) frequently [HI]go on and on about how wonderful their Euro motorhomes are and seemingly mock the RV's on that forum[/HI]?

No JJ but I am willing to give it a try.:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have been a member of RVOC since Jan 2009 and cannot remember a thread specifically criticising Euro Motorhomes , maybe the odd pun and also on tuggers , but I think on RVOC we respect the choice that others make and see no point in being critical of their choice. :Smile:

ps. on this forum we feel forced to defend our choice against regular self opinionated criticism, such a pity as this is otherwise an excellent forum for all motorhome owners

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Further to you missing the point Bob ::bigsmile:
I live about 7 mls from a large RV dealer and quite often nose around his stock :winky: anyone who thinks the build quality is far better than a lot of euro vans IMO does not know what they are talking about :reel::hardhat:
terry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know this may come as quite a shock to you JJ, but as your 660 has a fixed bed and a black tank toilet it is generally classed as an RV. Not a camper van :ROFLMAO:. Even in its home country of Germany they call that model an RV.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have been a member of RVOC since Jan 2009 and cannot remember a thread specifically criticising Euro Motorhomes , maybe the odd pun and also on tuggers , but I think on RVOC we respect the choice that others make and see no point in being critical of their choice. :Smile:

ps. on this forum we feel forced to defend our choice against regular self opinionated criticism, such a pity as this is otherwise an excellent forum for all motorhome owners

Hi Larry do you think RV owners may just ,jump to defend RVs ::bigsmile::winky:
I am in the lowest of the low classes with a self build :Smile:If I mention a euro van nobody gives a toss but the mere mention of two words put together brings in a flood ie RV AND MPG ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::thumb::Doh::Eeek::thumb:::bigsmile: NOT ness in that order
terry

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I was wondering if any members of the sister forum to Fun, RVOC (set up for RV owners,) frequently go on and on about how wonderful their Euro motorhomes are and seemingly mock the RV's on that forum?

JJ the RV forum:Doh: must be very Booooooooooooooooooooooooring Zzzzzzz wake me up Herbert if another RV member signs in will you Zzzzzzzzzz.....as there is just me and you on today...Herb it was busy yesterday there was 4 of us on.

Why else would they want to pay an extra £7 or £10 to come and talk to the EuroBoxes.there superior cousins to slag them off..:Doh:
Also they have very little knowledge of touring and have come to the MHF site to pick up tips...and pick the brains from very superior funsters, seeking knowledge, knowing they will need a service after 500miles.. give and take a little....Or a breakdow could be on the list + parts.. is that the reason why they only do 1000...2000 3000 miles per year::bigsmile:riving2: if there lucky....No wonder they can afford the petrol/LPG...they don't go anywhere....I do more mileage on me ride on Mower cutting grass going around me garden than the RVs

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am in the lowest of the low classes with a self build :Smile:If I mention a euro van nobody gives a toss but the mere mention of two words put together brings in a flood ie RV AND MPG ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::thumb::Doh::Eeek::thumb:::bigsmile: NOT ness in that order
terry

Terry, as I mentioned , we on RVOC are not critical of others choice. We only defend when drawn to.
All forms of camping have their own drawbacks from tents to large RVs, so we all make our choice based on what we want and prefer and what we can afford.

:Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
JJ the RV forum:Doh: must be very Booooooooooooooooooooooooring Zzzzzzz wake me up Herbert if another RV member signs in will you Zzzzzzzzzz.....as there is just me and you on today...Herb it was busy yesterday there was 4 of us on.

Why else would they want to pay an extra £7 or £10 to come and talk to the EuroBoxes.there superior cousins to slag them off..:Doh:
Also they have very little knowledge of touring and have come the MHF site to pick up tips...and pick the brains from very superior funsters, seeking knowledge, knowing they will need a service after 500miles.. give and take a little....Or a breakdow could be on the list + parts.. is that the reason why they only do 1000...2000 3000 miles per year::bigsmile:riving2: if there lucky....No wonder they can afford the petrol/LPG...they don't go anywhere....I do more mileage on me ride on Mower cutting grass going around me garden than the RVs

You aint catching me on this one :reel::reel::reel:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
terry

Terry NO...you are not one the lowest of the low and you never have been YOU are superior eurobox ...a manufacture of motorhomes..a funster..
Could BOB or any other american motorhomer attempt to make there RVS...NO ..how many on here could do what you have to the quality of your van.....and I mean quality..
Many would not even try and if they did....without ready made units... what would the look like....I rest my case me Lord :winky::winky:
:thumb:

Last edited:
May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
I cannot understand how the only people who seem to be bothered/worried about an RV's mpg is everyone that does not own an RV :Doh:
Those who are paying for the fuel seem more than happy with their personal value for money :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Also they have very little knowledge of touring and have come the MHF site to pick up tips...and pick the brains from very superior funsters, seeking knowledge, knowing they will need a service after 500miles.. give and take a little....Or a breakdow could be on the list + parts.. is that the reason why they only do 1000...2000 3000 miles per year::bigsmile:riving2: if there lucky....No wonder they can afford the petrol/LPG...they don't go anywhere....I do more mileage on me ride on Mower cutting grass going around me garden than the RVs
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
terry

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
I joined MHF first and then was delighted to discover after a while the sister site RVOC and for an extra £5 a year (which I could afford even after fuel) gave me even more dedicated info on these superb top of the food chain campers :reel:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I cannot understand how the only people who seem to be bothered/worried about an RV's mpg is everyone that does not own an RV :Doh:
Those who are paying for the fuel seem more than happy with their personal value for money :thumb:

RV owners cannot comprehend that euro owners (or any other owners) do not give a toss on what MPG you get :Doh: most of us already know few get more than 10 MPG /= 18 ON LPG :winky:it IS THE MERE TWO WORDS THAT coupled together give us ( me ) plenty of fun with witch to brighten my boring life :winky:::bigsmile:
Unfortunately the way I use my van anything much above 19/20 ft is no use to me at THIS moment in time :winky: Indeed only last week I had a lager euro owner commenting that we never stayed put-we arived on site left within the hour and came and left 3/4 times a day ::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I also joined MHFun a year before RVOC and until recent months fun was never a them and us forum but you are doing well lads :thumb::thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
RV owners cannot comprehend that euro owners (or any other owners) do not give a toss on what MPG you get :Doh: most of us already know few get more than 10 MPG /= 18 ON LPG :winky:it IS THE MERE TWO WORDS THAT coupled together give us ( me ) plenty of fun with witch to brighten my boring life :winky:::bigsmile:
Unfortunately the way I use my van anything much above 19/20 ft is no use to me at THIS moment in time :winky: Indeed only last week I had a lager euro owner commenting that we never stayed put-we arived on site left within the hour and came and left 3/4 times a day ::bigsmile:
terry

If euro owners do not give a toss what mpg we get, why is it then, that the first thing from their lips is, "what does it do to a gallon"?

Craig

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Unfortunately Larry one or two members on here are so consumed with jealousy that they have to constantly belittle other members RV/Motorhomes choices. They need to constantly convince themselves that they have made the right choice, when its obvious by their posts that they know they haven't.

Ian

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
RV owners cannot comprehend that euro owners (or any other owners) do not give a toss on what MPG you get :Doh: most of us already know few get more than 10 MPG /= 18 ON LPG

I have not seen the thread started or posted on where an RV owner has said
"Oh dear I'm only getting 10/18mpg don't you know" if eurobox owners don't give a toss then why is that the first statement any of them come out with :Doh:::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
terry

Oh, and euro owners already know that we only get ten to a gallon, just like when i used to import Japanese cars, run of the mill car drivers 'knew' that, you could't get tyres to fit, all the parts were different, panel bolt holes were in different places, you cannot get an oil filter to fit, air filters were only available in Tokyo, etc;etc;
It's marvellous how the ordinary folk, know so much about, what they don't have.
I had an irate customer come back to me because his headlight had blown on a Mazda Eunos (MX5) and someone had informed him he would not be able to source one anywhere. I gave him a cup of tea, went to the motor factors next door, sized it up (the same as a mini), bought it (£6) and fitted it, all within minutes. Just shows what 'they' know.

Craig

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At our rallies and on our forums we always accommodate everyone from folding caravans, through demountables, fivers and all types of motorhome. I know its only a handful of of people in this thread from the thousands of members, but the mines better than yours bickering in it is pathetic and not in the spirit of this club, especially when it appears to be more than just a bit of banter.

No one owns the perfect motorhome, it does not exist, if it did, we'd all have one and how boring would that be. I'll close this thread now and any other that threatens to divide our community along any line. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back