Rvoc & mhf meet at rutland water - attendees list (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Massive thanks to all who went the extra mile..
One of the very BEST meets 'Woman' and I have ever been to !

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Many Many thanks Pamala, Nigel, Jane, Bob, Gary, Chris & Cheynne (and anyone else we have missed) for such a fantastic few days at Marston airfield, at such short notice you found a brill site, with hardstanding and a room which could be used all day and night.
Free tea & coffee, evening music entertainment, games enjoyed by one and all, bacon butties sunday morning. etc....
We had a lovely bike ride along the old railway line, only 5 & 1/2 miles each way. Great company and great to meet old funster friends and new ones.

We can't wait for next year, oh and we had some rain but we did'nt get stuck!!

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
What a wonderful end to Saturday night at the airfield clubhouse.

First thanks to all involved for a stuck in the mud free meet.
The whole of the UK envious in all the other meets around the UK
they would swap theirs for ours in the blink of an eye.
Great crew of marshals and all helping extra's who made the week
a bonus for all, well done and thank you all.
Special thanks to Pamela without whom there would have been no meet at all.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Finally the presentations to the people responsible was super and also our wish
came true as both Ann and I said at the start of the evening entertainment
(the Irish bingo thing we enjoyed ) we hoped that the prizes went to
the deserving people and low and behold someone who was won the first
prize we were so delighted.
Extra bacon in the buttees at Malvern me thinks.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::ROFLMAO:
Kindest regards,
Ann & Harry
Atlantisbird

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A few pics from the lunacy that was Saturday night..
Sorry, missed the funniest stuff.. Too p!$$ed !

Broken Link Removed

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Long Marston Meet

:thumb:Thanks to everyone who made us welcome and all the marshalls who put in a lot of hard work, especially thanks to Pam who lent us the cups for tea and Nigel and Shane who let us out at night.We really enjoyed it and can't wait to get our own motorhome. But we will see you at Malvern.
Thanks Dave and Pol:thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Broken Link Removed

Great pics mate, thanks very much for posting them, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We have a few piics and video's that we did whilst we were there but i have to workout what i have to do to get them off the ipad to fun ha! ha! easier said than done:Sad:

Kate

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Our thanks to everyone and especially the Rally Marshalls who went beyond the call to make sure there was somewhere for us all to meet up. A nice time was had by us and everyone else to be sure. Nice to put names to faces

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This all started a year ago, we stayed at Rutland Water, as we have many times, and got chatting to Garry (Flatpackchicken) and Ken and Wendy (Ken and Dolly) and Garry had this great idea, but needed someone to sort it out.

Well having assisted (Sundowners) Pamala and Nigel in the past, you will never get better, they put so much into it that you never see.

A few weeks ago, all the marshals went to Rutland for the day planning and working out what was going where and how we were doing things, but at the end of the day the weather beat us, and anyone else would have said sod it and cancelled the meet.:cry:

But Pamala is a planner, and after a big phone bill and a lot of determination this meet was ON, :thumb: and we have had some great meets, but this one got better every day.

We had to have hard standing, and we came up trumps with the added bonus of a function room. :thumb:

All we can say is, it was a pleasure being part of the rally team, and many thanks to everyone involved we can't thank Mike and Gwen enough for all the music and the PA system they provided. :thumb:

And also like to say, many thanks to everyone that attended this meet, because its not as good without you lot. :winky::ROFLMAO:

But as in any meet or rally, if your on a list and you cant make it just send a PM, then we know when we check emails and don't sit waiting for you.

We have made some really good friends this week, and when you work with Sundowners you never stop learning. :thumb:

Thanks Pamala and Nigel you really pushed the boat out this time, and enjoyed by everyone that attened. ::bigsmile: Bob and Jane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Well, what can we say. IT WAS MEANT TO BE that we ended up at Long Marston for the Rutland Gathering, hard work getting there, but it was 'THE PLACE'.

A fantastic venue, couldn't have asked for more and the owners bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. We are sure (RVOC & MHF) will certainly be using the venue again.

We must admit it was hard work but rewarding knowing that everyone enjoyed themselves. As we said, it doesn't matter how much we put into it, if we didn't have the attendees, there is no meet. So we would like to thank all of those that turned up, what a great crowd we had. We have been asked to repeat it, our arms are being twisted up our backs, so watch this space.

We would like to take this opportunity once again, to thank our fellow marshalls for their help, without you it couldn't happen. We would also like to thank everyone that participated in our activities and the others giving their encouragement, making it fun for everyone. What a laugh. Our prayers were answered - upstairs kept the rain at bay for the activities and at other important times over the week - the rain never stopped play or gave us cause for concern.

A special thank goes to Mike for his never ending contribution for entertainment in the evenings, what a star.

We can't believe how much support there was from everyone, with regards, the Saturday market, where loads of bargains were to be had and the spread on the Jacobs Table was incredible. So thanks again to one and all.

Now the adrenalin has repleated we are ready for a few lie-ins, you all know we don't do earlies.

We were totally overwhelmed by the generosity, of everyone who came, helping to cover costs and the lovely card says it all, and we must not forget the flowers, what a lovely surprise. THANKS THANKS THANKS

It is so good to know that our work has been appreciated, but honestly, we get pleasure out of organising such an event and are so pleased when we know that you all enjoyed it.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments on this thread too.

Nigel and Pamala

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Can somebody tell me who is the dog whisperer and how I can get in touch with him as i have so much to thank him for and will he please come to a rally so we can have a doggy rally to train the owners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He has trained me so he can train anyone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Can somebody tell me who is the dog whisperer and how I can get in touch with him as i have so much to thank him for and will he please come to a rally so we can have a doggy rally to train the owners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good morning Mavis,
The dog whisperer is my brother in law Jeff, if you send me a pm then i will forward it onto him for you ok, Also he says thanks for the nice comment and that he has helped you have a better dog and friend to live with as he is with me right now, hope it is a pleasure taking him for a walk now instead of a ordeal, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005

I just cannot believe that he has trained you Mavis :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mind you - you did need training:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully you will not now think Louis is going to kill Betsy and they can be proper friends.

Sonja

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
went out today and he saw a dog --I pulled on the lead then remembered and dropped the lead loose.
Louis just walked past the dog so yes Sonja louis can play with Betsy now :winky::winky::winky:

Im Trained honest :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008

Broken Link Removed[/QUOTE

Thank goodness you were pi$$ed I don't have to explain everything to the children. :winky:
We would like to say a Big thank you to everyone involved in a wonderful, fun filled 5 days. Bring on next year.:thumb:
Thank goodness no one caught me and Dave on camera....:Blush:

Thanks Sue :Tongue1: and Dave :Cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
What a great w/e Thank you Pamela and Nigel for all you have done, also to Bob n Jane and to everyone that helped to make this such a great meet

What a gem of a place, hard standing, toilets, cover for the bbq's if raining, a pavilion for shelter all day with free tea, coffee, bikkies available all day:thumb:

We laughed so much after the games we ached until it hurt :thumb:
The funsters market on Saturday (love my new folding bike )

There was a car boot on Sunday and a model jet display all w/e again all free

Lovely walk into the village pub with the best cider ever n food and a great community store :thumb:

Hope this becomes an annual meet :thumb:

John n Kath xx​

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
JKust found another pic on the other camera..

Looks a bit sussy to me to be honest !!!

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back