LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
036.jpg

Whilst at Grantham I bought a freeview box to try and get a better tv reception. This worked to a degree but my picture and quality and strength of signal are still rubbish with no BBC channels available to me.
I've just unfixed the tv from above the front and followed the cables to find out whats wrong but now I'm more confused than ever, there are bloody cables everywhere but half of them have no ends on and are'nt fixed to anything.
I've drawn a diagram of the cables, above, in the hope that someone might be able to help me fix it.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Oh Ror......you didn't buy it off that fella with the big box of clothes pegs and a lorry load of tarmac did you? :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Not only are you confused but the size of the picture has confused the page (and me :ROFLMAO:)
Try joining cable 1 to cable 6 and see what happens.....
Let us know mate

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Not only are you confused but the size of the picture has confused the page (and me :ROFLMAO:)
Try joining cable 1 to cable 6 and see what happens.....
Let us know mate

Keith

Tried that Keith no difference mate; except I've now got a gash on my forehead from the overhead locker door :cry::cry:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Why does wire 5 go 'In' to a connector marked 'Out'?

Do you think a previous owner has removed a piece of kit that tied up the loose ends?

Phil.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Phil
Yes he did remove items but as if that was'nt bad enough he just cut the ends off the cables, so I have cables going everywhere with no fittings on . Great eh. Any advice?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Rory
on the back of your panel where all the antenna cables meet the left side should be marked antenna down the middle one is to your main tv and the right hand one to your tv in the bedroom

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
give me a ring on 07738 669938 and I will talk you through how it works and how to wire it up correctly, sorry to ask you to ring me but it would take a verylong time to write everything down and post it.
Regards Dunc.
I'll be up till about 11pm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back