RV too wide??? (1 Viewer)

J

jannie

Deleted User
Oh well everyone - we've finally got the RV registered and we have number plates!!! What hassle we had from our local DVLA in Norwich. 2 inspection visits later we and we even took the awnings off - still too wide! Desperate phone call to Jane - thanks everyone for that advice and her contact numbers - who became our guardian angel and we are now planning our first trip this weekend. Jane, if you read this we just want to thank you so much for overturning the DVLA decision. Don't know what you said but I am well impressed with your obvious clout ! Thanx a mill.
So I am excited again!! Not looking forward to that suicide seat though!:shout:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jannie, really glad that you got things sorted. Jane has done a good job, I don't know if she reads this forum but she would be a good member to have on board.

As for your impending screams, just remember that for the driver the ride gets better and better, but for the suicide seat occupier I am told that day 365 is just as scary as day 1::bigsmile:

OP
OP
J

jannie

Deleted User
Suicide seat!

Don't tell me that!! I'll be taking the first Valium at dawn on every trip!::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Well done, Jannie, for hanging in there whilst DVLA prevaricated. Good on you and good on Jane Edwards and the RVDA, too.

As for sitting in the suicide seat - do what Mo does - set the Tom Tom and then go to bed!

jakeontour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
In front of this computer when I should be out in
Funster No
Suicide Seat?

Never bothered my good lady, however you may want to try this which has been recommended by a number of previously nervous passengers.

Go to any city centre, get on a town centre circular bus, top deck, front right hand seat. When you've lived through that experience for an hour, :Eeek: when every twist and turn has a wall, shop sign or solid object very very near your face, a trip in the passenger seat of an RV becomes a thing of calm serenity and peace.

Or so I'm told.:winky:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Well done Jannie

And well done Jane

Good to hear that the DVLA have been beaten again
Another one for the workers :thumb:

OP
OP
J

jannie

Deleted User
1st trip out!

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to tell you all that we used the RV last weekend for the first time!! Have to say we loved it and do you know what ...... that suicide seat got beat! My dear hubby just drove better and better and he actually admits that he enjoys it now - can't believe it has only taken 300 miles or so to gain more confidence.
Lots of learning to do now for the next trip - AND we hooked up - didn't we do well!!! The fresh water didn't last long but we think we lost some on the way cos we found a cap off -Blush: Is that the overflow? Do you think we did?

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Jannie

Well done for joining the ranks of the RV nomads.

As for losing fresh water - just remember it may be possible to create a vacuum in your tank by overfilling it in the first place. There was a thread on here recently about it.

As an aside - how did your daughter get on with her race at Silverstone recently?

OP
OP
J

jannie

Deleted User
Silverstone

Hi Mo and Dick,

She did really well, considering it was pouring with rain on Saturday - she qualified, towards the back of the grid, but at least she stayed on!! Some didn't!
Raced well, its only her 2nd season so she needs more experience. Thanks for asking, that's really sweet. Quite strange sharing the RV with 21 year old daughter and boyfriend - never thought in a million years that would ever happen. It was a case of Nite-nite John boy, nite-nite Jim, etc.....
Will find the thread re: water tank vacuum. Thanx for that info.

OP
OP
J

jannie

Deleted User
Water loss

Thanks guys, just found the old thread and printed off for JB to read.
BFN :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back