RV Toilet Setup? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I think we've decided on a RV Toilet for our next build. Thinking a Gravity fed toilet like a Dometic 320 (domestic size toilet with foot pedel to fill/flush) with, say, 150ltr black tank underneath.

Also thinking of carrying a Tote Tank to give us cassette type emptying if convenient. This way, if a black waste point was difficult to get the van near, we could empty into the Tote and wheel over.

For those that have a RV toilet, does this make sense? Should we also install a macerator, or not really needed? Or a pump to empty?

Want to keep the setup as simple as possible, but also want as user friendly emptying as possible.

Thanks,
David

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
We had a macerated didn’t use it much we now carry a spare cassette and empty black tank with it when no access to drain, works fine

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2010
Reading
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returned 2010
David
We have a 40 gallon black & a 60gallon grey which are interconnected at the outlet but with each tank having its own shuttle gate prior to this connection. Thereafter the outlet is 3” in diameter onto which a flexible pipe can be connected to discharge by gravity the black followed by the grey into almost any waste facility as there are no chemicals added to the tanks.
Because the outlet will be low, some discharge points are not low enough to allow for the contents to flow out.
In this instance a macerator is connected to the 3” outlet which will allow a run of some 60ft plus a lift of 2/3ft.
Lastly if you can’t move & tanks get a bit full you can connect the 3” outlet to a waste tote. ( this is not without danger as there is a pretty quick whoosh when you open one of the gates & a lot of unmentionable travels really fast into the tote)
Duncan at “Star Spangled spanner” has all the required waste connections you would need.
Regards

Arthur.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Cinderella toilet which are very popular in the Scandinavian motorhome community. Line the bowl with something akin to a a coffee filter, fill to desired level(!) then incinerate down to biodegradable ash using your vans gas supply. Ash tank has a 22 use volume and it can be disposed of around the flowerbeds or in a domestic type bin.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had a macerator and 50yds of 2 inch roll flat hose. If you use them regularly they will stop, and the subsequent investigation is always interesting! My advice they are more trouble than they are worth.

Gravity dumping is king, but if that is impossible then go for a small tote. I have a large yank one which I hardly ever use, it is just too big. I preferred this one. It has the RV style connector, or the big hole in the middle to dump into. It empties easy into ground level Elsan points and isn't too heavy to lift for raised ones.

Amazon product ASIN B001ARSH3O

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back