RV Suitable site suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
All,

I was toying with the idea of attending the Peterborough meet in April and realised that we're likely to be at Belvoir Castle the weekend before, so I was wondering if anyone had any site recommendations around those areas please? Need to be able to accomodate 32ft RV, and preferably to have Leccy.

And Billing Aquadrome is way too far away, despite their reasonable prices <sic>!

All suggestions welcomed as it will stop June nagging me...:cry:

And yes, I probably will subscribe to the Big Pitch Guide, but haven't got round to it yet (sorry Mo & Dick)

Papa

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Jut down the road from Belvior is the new year venue we used in 2007/8 The Dirty Duck
HERE
Geo

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi Papa and June
It was nice to meet you at Newark - Belvoir Castle > there's always The Rutland Arms/Dirty Duck at Grantham where MH Funsters had the News Years Bash & the Valentines meet - we have been there too in the past & you can see Belvoir Castle from the site. Read tips in meet forum how to get there !

julia :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Don't worry, Papa Smurf - I've already got you blacklisted - you beat me on the Arcade the other day :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Back to Peterborough - you might try the Caravan Club Site 'Ferry Meadows' just south of Peterborough

They take non-members and up to 38ft RV's - open all year

Phone 01733 233526 Lat: 52.5606 Long: -0.3054

Last edited:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi
Is a lovely cl off the A17 of any use (electric, wc, washbasin, rv extra friendly), £7.50a night? Convenient for picking up the A15 at Holdingham roundabout, or back to the A1.
Jan

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi what about Paddy's place? opposite the showground on the otherside of the A1, its a CL but he takes anybody in a large field next door, and can supply electric.

Olley

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Here's a good one
Only £10 pn if your a member of ARVE.
Services pitches.
Even has LPG in site
Not far from the village & good pub

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Papa sorry don't know its real name, always called it Paddy's place, he's the farmer, nice guy here's a few details:

CC CL on a working Fruit farm, with large rally field about 1 mile from peterborough showground. any size RV. electric, water, waste and drain

You can pick your own fruit when in season. Please note: access only from Oundle Road not from the A1
Tel: 01733 233270
GPS: 52.5383 -0.3380

Directions, coming from the London direction go past the slip road for the showground and Peterborough Services, take the next slip road, (Not the private entrance which you will see to your left before the slip road, as I did:Blush:) after 100yds turn right at the junction and the entrance is about 100yds on your left.

Excellent 3G the mast is about 800yds away.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back