RV Service History (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I am now on my second 2nd hand RV. Both had low mileage, less than 12k. I never asked for a service history, I would for a car. I judged on the quality, lack of wear etc that reinforced the evidence of the low mileage. You rarely see ' full service history' on RV ads. Are we a trusting, experienced, gullible or foolhardy lot ??

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
at less than 12k it probably never had a service. think of it as atruck i do 500ml aday pass truck to another driver ,he does the same then me so so.they very often do 6,000ml a week . service or 6 week check over at 36000ml. some just get a check ,so 1n 12weeks it could have done72000ml. some now change their own oil and dump the old into the diesel to burn away . thats without stopping . just check the spare oil tank. at 12000 on an rv may have had its tyres checked or not?cheers alan.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I am now on my second 2nd hand RV. Both had low mileage, less than 12k. I never asked for a service history, I would for a car. I judged on the quality, lack of wear etc that reinforced the evidence of the low mileage. You rarely see ' full service history' on RV ads. Are we a trusting, experienced, gullible or foolhardy lot ??

:Cool: I just bought a 5 year old Motorhome with full service history of 11,248 miles. That is NOT a lot of miles for a 5 year old. It's been stood a LONG time and is slowly rotting away. Our first RV was a 1988 Coachmen Classic with less than 22,000 miles on the clock. It also had been stood for most of it's life. Our 1996 Newmar on the other hand had 64,700 Miles on the clock when we bought it 4 years ago and was 99.9% better than the other 2 put together. I would rather have a well used RV/Motorhome than one that has been stood for most of it's life. Whether it had a service history or NOT. IMH&HO. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back