Phoenix

Free Member
Aug 24, 2007
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
At present I am on Rowan Park Caravan Club Site at Bognor Regis, they have 3 hardstanding pitches which are reserved for American RV's/Large vehicles. They have only had 5 vehicles use them in the last 3 months, a big loss of takings. A comment by one of the wardens "use them or lose them" was made on the 'other' motorhome forum.
Does anyone know of other Caravan Club sites which have 'reserved' pitches for RV's or large vehicles?
Chris

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
It is great that the Caravan Club site at Bognor accomodates RVs.

Unfortunately many travelling RVers shy away from the Caravan Club sites

as generally they are met with the old addage....." well there are pitches but you can't reserve them, it's first come etc etc. "

WELL DONE BOGNOR :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thats the nearest Ive seen to common sense from a CC warden
I have been squeezed onto a 25 foot grass pitch with 30 foot RV
looking out opposite at a two man tent pitched on a 38 foot hard standing, I kid you not, I even asked the guy how he had pegged it down, with a nail gun?? and what possessed him to place it there, and was met with a blank expression:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
I only wish Kingsbury Water Park (C & CC) had the same rv friendly policy. It's cost us £400 to 'treat' ourselves to 28 days here on our mingy little pitch and, honestly, we can't wait to get away. If we know that a club, regardless of whether its CC or C&CC have rv pitches we would use them - do they advertise this rv friendly fact in the handbook? If not, should we suggest that the club incorporate a 'big unit friendly' page in the handbook; after all they have a page listing 28' rig limit sites.

Another site on our list to visit, thanks
Jan

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Chris - thank you for the info on Bognor Regis - I have just emailed it to over 400 members of the Big Pitch Guide and already had several people reply to say they were going to give it a try :thumb: Even more so because the site accepts non-members and RVs up to 38ft.

Hi Jan Pendreigh. The Caravan Club did publish a web page telling everybody the largest vehicles each site on it's network could take. I have included that information in the Big Pitch Guide. You will probably not find it on the Caravan Club web site now because it caused so much hassle with the Wardens that the Club withdrew it.

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi
I did keep that page from the handbook. Hadn't realised though that they've stopped including it.
Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
I only wish Kingsbury Water Park (C & CC) had the same rv friendly policy. It's cost us £400 to 'treat' ourselves to 28 days here on our mingy little pitch and, honestly, we can't wait to get away. If we know that a club, regardless of whether its CC or C&CC have rv pitches we would use them - do they advertise this rv friendly fact in the handbook? If not, should we suggest that the club incorporate a 'big unit friendly' page in the handbook; after all they have a page listing 28' rig limit sites.

Another site on our list to visit, thanks
Jan

This site is just down the road from where I live and we often drive by to see how busy it is, but have never stayed there. I have to say, more often than not, the site is always quite full.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back