rv oven HELP (1 Viewer)

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
i have a oven in my rv it is a magic chef no matter what temp i turn the dile to it burns the pizza has any one else had this??

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Don't try to cook your food directly on the shelf above the gas flame. You need a wire rack type shelf which you can put in higher up.

Gill

OP
OP
D

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
i no that and there is a shelf that i used
just have to eat out ha ha

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
oven

hi do1977 when you find out will you let me know as dragon burns every b----y thing in ours they are not the same as uk ones.muz and dragon

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
The trick here is to put a pizza stone on the metal plate directly above the flame ,the Americans also use a ceramic tile .

You will find nothing burns on the bottom and things cook more evenly

Ian

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we have a clay pizza plate.

pop it on the plate, put in the oven and it comes out cooked.

dunno where we got it though. :Doh:

is your oven temp control (thermostat)working ok ?

pepe

Free Member
Jan 8, 2009
Funster No
hi had same problem could not get on with it. i changed mine for a spinflo caprice just had to remove the bottom cupboard which is now the pan store at the bottom of the oven. got it off ebay about £300. regards mick

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
We mastered ours in about 11 months but it was hard work so in the end, like scotjim, we binned it and bought a 'Bush' electrical oven with rotisserie and griddle plate mounted on top.

Magic - there is nothing quite like a 'joint' properly cooked on a rotisserie - we have to fight the cats for the 'pork crackling' - or the taste of a properly cooked pizza.

We are looking around for a dish-washer small enough to fit in the space left vacant by the oven - maybe a 'drawer' type dish-washer

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2009
Funster No
As well as Smev and the other brands mentioned, you can also fit a Stoves oven, they offer an LPG range which you can pick up for best prices from local Narrowboat chandlers. Their 500 DIT model fits in the space of most US RV ovens and includes oven, seperate grill, 4 burner hob with a glass lid (which can be removed if neccessary).

Bonus being is that with the warranty if anything goes wrong, a nice fella from Stoves will come to you and sort out any problems.

Personally I would bin the magic chef and replace with a popular European model.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Oven?

Hi

Mine came with only a Hob, binned that and fitted a "caprice" oven £220-00 curtessy of Mr O`Leary (often seen at some shows). No Problem, have just enjoyed part of 2 Pizza`s cooked in it to-night, (the grandson had most of them!!!.

pete

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
If you're not up to binning the oven yet, the owners manual suggests that burnt food is caused by insufficient pre-heat time.

As the "blow torch" used in this oven warms the interior, the base plate gets much hotter than the desired temp until the selected temp is reached.
give it a good 10 minutes to warm up properly and cook high up on a shelf and it will be fine

After burning far too much food, I've not had a problem since i allowed the preheat time.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you're not up to binning the oven yet, the owners manual suggests that burnt food is caused by insufficient pre-heat time.

As the "blow torch" used in this oven warms the interior, the base plate gets much hotter than the desired temp until the selected temp is reached.
give it a good 10 minutes to warm up properly and cook high up on a shelf and it will be fine

After burning far too much food, I've not had a problem since i allowed the preheat time.
Quite right, We not only cook but bake in ours, everything is perfect.
Have heard many times the words,"I cant get on with the American oven."
If you leave it on for 15 mins before you cook with it,it will be fine.
Dont forget to convert from F to C though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back