RV/ Large motorhome dump point (1 Viewer)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Mark wants to make a RV/large motorhome dump point near the edge or on the road in the campsite. We would like some imput, especially from those of you who know the site, and ideas from anyone else would be welcome. We already have one but in a grassed area but would like to provide either drive over one or left or right side of the road. Jim, RR, The Pips, Mark Breen perhaps as you know the site you could help out. :thumb::thanks:
Tell me what you "big boys" require.
Thanks. Eileen

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Eileen,
Has Mark filled in the potholes yet?:Blush:
I'm fairly confident that most, if not alll, American RVs have their water, sewage and electrics on the left hand side of the vehicle.
Your existing dump point isn't in a bad position, it's just a little difficult to access. Could you put a layby in next to it? You could then add a drive over grille as well. Then we could drive up to the top to unload. It's not a huge distance to reverse back down again. The alternative is to put it down near Johns parking bay.
Of course you could always dig up the roads and lay water and sewage connections to each pitch:roflmto: Just let me know if you want any holes punching:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug 'n Bar

OP
OP
dylan

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
He filled in that as you left !! Thanks for the answer just the sort of help we needed, up the top by the pitch you were on is favourite at the moment as it can then go straight into the tank. Thanks Doug. Eileen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Eileen, yes mostly on the left and personally on the left as you are leaving:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and let me start off by congratulating you on asking the people who are going to use the facilities what is needed,
A site local to me spent hundreds of pounds and man hrs constructing the most elaborate drive over dump point only to discover motor homes do not have outlets dead centre, and an RV ownwer will not crawl on his belly for 6ft to position his dump pipe:RollEyes:
large heavy manholes are not realy the answer either, the world famous Kiss method is all that is reqd (Keep It Sodding Simple):thumb:
A drain rodding eye will do the job well and only has to be within 4 foot of the side of any motor home or RV with dump pipe, and most importantly, an 18 foot x 26 foot sign telling us its there, or if you employ staff tell them what it is and where to find it
Geo

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Mark wants to make a RV/large motorhome dump point near the edge or on the road in the campsite. We would like some imput, especially from those of you who know the site, and ideas from anyone else would be welcome. We already have one but in a grassed area but would like to provide either drive over one or left or right side of the road. Jim, RR, The Pips, Mark Breen perhaps as you know the site you could help out. :thumb::thanks:
Tell me what you "big boys" require.
Thanks. Eileen

Hi Eileen,
Hope your well?
I think that your site works well,though should you ever make it any larger then think maybe about drive through/over dumping open manhole with washing hose.
I have been on so called supper pitches,unless your tanks are over half full (black waste) do NOT empty.
We never put paper in the loo having 3 girls in our "rv" can and does block with all the paper.
If it not broken do not fix is a phrase that comes to mind.
Hope to see you again in the spring.
Regards Mark.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dylan

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thanks lads, very helpful replies as usual. Geo, Mark says he won't bother with the sign as he finds the shotgun method:Eeek: works very well !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Eileen.

please bear in mind that euro vans can have the grey dump point at either side or even at the back. the black tank is obviously not a problem.
in my limited knowledge of ARVs they dump both tanks through the same outlet.
my suggestion would be a large dished/sunken area with the drain in the middle, either a long grid cover or 2 or 3 drain covers along the length of the dump for grey waste with a washdown hose (which would probably not get used) and a seperate manhole type black dump for the big boys to one or both sides of the grey point.
i assume all waste(black and grey) will go into one tank so the whole system could be interlinked. a bit more pipework/digging/expense but it would cover most motorhomes/RVs without having to position over one particular point on the dump.

just my thoughts on the subject,

john.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back