LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Have you seen the option price of the Allison in 2004 €25,200 ;) that's half the price of a few new vans. Top class van(y)

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
AS you know Martin I would offer. ( when working) an Allison at retail at about what you have stated ..
but when it came to the deal 9k was closer to the purchase price, As you know these OEM have got some lesson to learn on option pricing, as all are very closely linked to demand. I paid 1500 Euros for mine and fitted myself with Allison assistance. Every MAN fire engine in the country I supplied, most have Allison.
Your 9 speed ZF is an amazing box, But the option price is massaged by the OEM.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
On our first ever overnighter in our motorhome last year, I got into conversation with a chap who had one of those aircraft carrier sized motorhomes with the sticky-out bits you can crank out at the sides. He was bemoaning the fact that he had planned on attending Carfest but had been turned away on the basis that his mobile mansion was too big. Presumably size is important, particularly in the UK where we do have corners on the roads and some of the roads are only two lanes, but if it's what floats your boat, good luck :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back