RV Hiring and Touring USA (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
The wonderful prospect of retirement is getting closer but we have a tour we would love to do and which will need doing whilst we are able to replace the expenses by working.

The idea is that we do a music tour taking in Country and Blues. We want to visit Nashville, especially to have a night at the Grand Ole Opry, take in an outdoor Country Music Festival and take in New Orleans.

Obviously never been so any help and advice would be appreciated.

Best Hire companies
Sites
Festivals
Route
Time needed
Anything really would be hugely beneficial

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I just sold our RV in the USA. After getting off to a Covid start, read my blog on the great USA road trip, I would say go for it when things settle down a bit.
Install a couple of phone apps, free roam and wikiparks USA, they will prove their worth. BLM land, Walmart car parks, and all campsites are on them. I wouldn’t pre book anything, just take your time and stay as long as you can. If you want pre booked RV tour, Trailfinders are excellent and do just what you are looking for around Nashville etc.
Phil

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Brilliant. Can you send a link to the blog please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi

We have done the US Canada and Alaska, and all have been trouble free and great adventures. The first was from Key West to Houston then we did a bit of BC in Canada 4 weeks the last RV adventure was Alaska. We had another RV booked this year for August however that did not happen. As far as RV hire just pick one of the bigger companies, I was going to be using this lot Freedom America you can also book through the UK. The last two RVs have been A class with slide outs. Most of the RVs are petrol V10s so you use quite a lot of fuel all mine had gas tank on board gen and AC and you just hook up black and grey water no messing about. Good luck you will love it.

This was my first RV
IMG_0065.JPG

This was me in Alaska
IMG_0294.JPG

And this was me in BC
DSCF2207.JPG

This was my RV in Canada

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
To get a deal it’s worth registering with www.cruiseamerica.co.uk which will bring up The Motorhome Experts who are a U.K. based company that deal with Cruise America’s / Canada’s relocation of new RVs in the spring from northern bases like Chicago and Toronto for relocating to hire depots across the US and Canada.
As the new seasons relocations become available you will get an email with details and how to book.
It entails delivering a brand new RV with all utensils bed linen onboard with a start finish window to work within , this deal covers all the extras normally charged eg insurance and one way trip so makes it well worth it.
Our last trip we picked up a new 30ft RV in Chicago and had a month to get it to Las Vegas. We chose our own route down to St Louis Memphis Tulsa Amarillo Oklahoma Albuquerque North Rim Grand Canyon Utah then down to Las Vegas.
We travelled on a fair bit of Route66 to national parks Zion Monument Valley Grand Canyon.
We covered 3k miles in 28days and thoroughly enjoyed every bit including the Celine Dion Show in Caesar’s Palace.
We sorted our own flights and hotels , you must have a sleep over before picking up the RV, we had three nights in the Marriott in Chicago and you pay for fuel and site fees.

Worth registering as above as it doesn’t commit you in any way and you will know as soon as RVs become ready.
Good luck.

OP
OP
ChrisSue
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Look up RV share. Much nicer Motorhomes available than from the rental companies as these are owner vehicles and henerally well looked after.
The site works like Air BnB and your money is held safely and refundable if there is a problem. We used them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back