RV hire in August - help

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by moandick, May 22, 2009.

1. moandick

moandick

Ratings:
    +113
    Hi Funsters

Message I have just received - can anybody help?

Dear Mo and Dick,

I have been let down on my RV hire for 17th to 24th August due to the vehicle being in a traffic accident (written off!).

This was a suprise week for my twins who are over from Dubai on school break.

I have tried nearly everywhere for a replacement but not yet secured anything.

(Deleted) have come back to me at £2,000 for the weeks hire!

I have already booked a site in Dorset (from the Big Pitch Guide) and Carvynick as well as car hire.

Do you have any possible contacts that I should speak with concerning the hiring of a RV for the week above?

Any Funster knowing of a contact please 'pm' me or email me - many thanks in anticipation.

Mo and Dick

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ratings:
    +7,217
    Hi.

Dont do RV's but we have some six berths, give us a ring.

Peter

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +41,152
    What an odd request, he wants to pay £2K for an RV for a week in a fixed place. He can rent a static for much less or hotel or holiday camp.

4. moandick

moandick

Ratings:
    +113
    Hi Brian

Actually he had booked two sites for that week - not sure where the first one was to be - but the second was at Carvynick Country Club in Cornwall. I think the main problem is/was - that he wanted to drive it from the first to the second site - and that is an expensive 'hire' car!

I have put him in touch with various other people so lets hope he can fulfill his wish for the 'twins' holiday.