takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I am sure this must have been posted, however if it hasn't then if you fancy living in Cornwall have a look at Item number: 120357342076 on ebay.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Link Removed

1001 lookers and no bids!

How much is the RV worth one wonders and I bet Tescos is not near and look at the trees, well bent in the wind.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

NIce life in the summer

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I am sure this must have been posted, however if it hasn't then if you fancy living in Cornwall have a look at Item number: 120357342076 on ebay.

This is WELL suss', surely? :Angry: Otherwise, every Fulltimer in the UK would be buying a plot and staying on it.
:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I bow to your superior knowledge on CS & CL, rules, Pat - BUT what if you own the land and employ yourself as Warden of the "Open-all-year" site.

We have passed this rig - on its site - on our way in and out of Cornwall for well over a year now - very lovely, bleak, lonely setting - well suited to a shepherd, methinks!

Nevertheless, we (Mo and I) are interested enough to go and investigate today.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Dick you could live on it in yours and rent his one out as a holiday let. ::bigsmile:

Olley

OP
OP
T

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Pat your are right of course, however I know 2 local CL's one with an Rv, the other a caravan, both tucked up against the hedge row, the guy lives full time in the caravan. I know because he does jobs for me from time to time.
On some occasions when I pass the RV there is a toad parked up, so my guess is they also live there.

The 28 day use rule also applies to air strips, however some guys work on, that hopefully no one is counting.

Each to their own, but I wouldn't wont to live looking over my shoulder.:Eeek:

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
You've been mind-reading again, Olley!

Spot on for an overnight stop on the way into and out of Cornwall - and a tea bar in the layby as well!

Think I might try to emulate Carvynick Country Club - after all, everybody has to start somewhere!

Seriously though, I am not sure if there is a telephone signal there - which is why Mo and I want to go and have a look.

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I bow to your superior knowledge on CS & CL, rules, Pat - BUT what if you own the land and employ yourself as Warden of the "Open-all-year" site.

I'm not too sure even this would count Dick. The 28 day rule is a local authority rule (rather than a Club rule) and as i understand it, any structure OR vehicle which is placed on land for more than 28 days is automatically classed as a permanent structure and as such falls within planning rules. I VERY much doubt that you'd get planning permission topermanently site an RV anywhere. You MIGHT get it for a static, but from the description you gave of this area, I VERY much doubt it.
I couldn't even get planning permission for a self build, self contained log cabin in a VERY secluded area in Cheshire! The local authorities view was "we dont care how enviromentally freindly the build is, or how secluded it is, if we give you permission for
80K's worth of quality log cabin, we'll have "huts" springing up every where and we dont want that on OUR patch!:Eeek:

edit = I do remember reading in one of the "Sundays" late last year that a guy moved his family into an old London double decker on someland in Hertforshire (I think). Can't remember if the article said he "Had" or was "applying for" planning permission though.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can't go wrong with this opportunity, buy it, if you don't have any then rent some snot nosed kids, empty a few skips, throw a few shopping trolleys around, light a fire for wire stripping, sorted. The authorities will then leave you well alone, you will have rights, you might even qualify for one of their grants:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I contacted my local authority about some friends living in their M/H over the summer in my garden, the reply and the guy wasn't to sure even after taking further advice was "he didn't know" :ROFLMAO:

He said off the record as long as it disappeared every now and then for a day or two, he didn't think they could do anything about it.

My real reason for asking was to rent the house and live part time in the garden when not off on our travels, in hopefully the not to distant future.

Olley

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
You can't go wrong with this opportunity, buy it, if you don't have any then rent some snot nosed kids, empty a few skips, throw a few shopping trolleys around, light a fire for wire stripping, sorted. The authorities will then leave you well alone, you will have rights, you might even qualify for one of their grants:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, the Georgie boy pursuit must be in the 35,000 / 40,000 bracket,even if you move to a lay-by every 28 days it cannot be bad :thumb: You would have to phone council for what they say but if it is recognised as a cl then you must be able to stay on as a permanent warden :thumb::ROFLMAO:
now 5 vans at 10 per night = 50 x say 200 = 10 k = paid for in 5 1/2 yrs ::bigsmile: 7 / 8 yrs on the safe side :ROFLMAO: mignt sell the house and risk upsetting the planners :thumb: only got to convince SWMBO now :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
I went past this site last week. Its very bleak, wouldn't even want to stop there the night never mind live there.

Derek

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Couldn't agree more, Derek - we have passed it on dozens of occasions and never ever seen anybody other than the Georgie Boy on site. In fact we didn't know it was a site, we thought it belonged to the local farmer.

Hell of a place to run out for a pint of milk, isn't it?

And the local area, known as Temple is always the first to gather the fog and mist, rain and snow and is generally always the last to clear it as well!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Dick don't the estate agents call that "atmosphere" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Frankly, I think something is 'fishy' here.. the RV is worth 30 - 40k .. is he selling a pup ?

Has the council already given him notice to quit, is the CL actually listed and legal ?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Frankly, I think something is 'fishy' here.. the RV is worth 30 - 40k .. is he selling a pup ?

Has the council already given him notice to quit, is the CL actually listed and legal ?

don't be silly Jim, no such thing as fishy on ebay:winky:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Looks a thoroughly miserable place with absolutely nothing going for it. The seller hasn't exactly done themselves much of a favour by posting lots of underexposed photos of grass, a tree, and a crude wood bench.

£55k start price.......this dumbo's a dreamer. :RollEyes:

adenough

Free Member
Sep 12, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
Read on another site that you just have to move the van to a different part of the piece of land every 28 days in order to comply. You do not have to leave the field. As long as it is moved it is not a permanent structure. And saves the grass going yellow. So as the travellers do- pick your field.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back