Russia (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I travelled there for a month by road/rail, the worst place for driving was Moscow, if you ride in a vehicle for more than 20 mins there you will see an accident!
Everything DBK says is true except it's drugs as well.
I think if you drive 100% defensively in daylight and good weather you might have a chance, but never underestimate the ability of a Russian to drive into you, and use good quality GPS capable front/rear dashcams too.

Oh yes and it seems old Lada car drivers are over represented on the Youtube crash vids, so watch out for them :Eeek:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Yes the same Bumbles, Bobby.

Always looking for advice and learning from others.

A Dutch friend's mum drove to Moscow and St Petersburg about 2 years ago, the motorhome club she belongs to arranged it. They drove individually during the day and all met in the evening at an arranged camping place, there were about 30 or so motorhomes with most people being on their own and over 65 years old.
They all made it there and back to Holland again so maybe the Dutch are fearless or all crazy, but it worked for them.

If you would like to contact the lady or better her daughter who speaks and writes wonderful English I'll ask if they mind me giving you their email, just let me know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Why not take a few more risks and call at Baghdad, Tehran and Kabul on the way, it might make Moscow seem pleasant

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
It's a very interesting place to visit I worked thare for nearly three years just when it was opening up to the west fund it safer than Romania.
From what I have herd it's not as bad is it was once out of the big city's think its much the same as it was ten years ago
Like every whare. You go Care and due diligence is needed every whare you venture
Bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Why not take a few more risks and call at Baghdad, Tehran and Kabul on the way, it might make Moscow seem pleasant
I have bene to Moscow wonderful city and not as bad as you're painting it like any big city a bit of discipline is beaded have you Ben thare or just seen it one YouTube
Bill

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Cheers everyone for the constructive feedback, much appreciated. Will keep you all posted x
Good luck! I hear the Gulags are nice in summer. But a bit nippy in the winter. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back