Running our aircon on Lithium (1 Viewer)

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Been away for a couple of weeks and giving our new 200 amp lithium setup a decent workout. We boil our kettle on the induction hob, enjoy coffee from our nespresso machine and Helen has been using hairdryer and straighteners. More surprisingly, given the high temperatures, we have been running our Dometic Freshlight aircon for an hour or so every evening to cool the bedroom area down. Lithium has coped just fine, in fact we can’t get it below 80% given our usage, guess we are not trying hard enough!

Solar seems to be keeping up ok, mind you it’s sunny just about all day, our 120 panel tops it up by late afternoon. When moving between sites our 60amp b2b normally puts in about 45amps at the start, always been at 100% when arriving.

So good start, albeit under the easiest of conditions, just need to keep reminding myself, only one thing on at a time!

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
That’s a great result, we plan to have 3 x 175 watt panels with a Victron mppt 60 amp controller, 2 x 100 transporter Lithium,
Victron 2 kva Multi 230 amp upgraded split charger, Victron remote panel and a Victron BMV battery shunt. This setup so we can run our telair hab air-con as I really struggle with the heat, and we when able to use the van for extended periods using aires and basic sites. Just waiting for the DVLA to process my C1 renewal again.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
i upgraded a few months ago to 2 150 lithium with a b to b and a smart charger and so far im very impressed even run an ice machine in the van now so fully equiped with all my toys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back