Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
As petrol is still very expensive and weighs alot, how much petrol do you have in reserve for when the LPG runs out?

Do you plan your route with gas fillup stops before you run out or do you just run out then look for the nearest autogas garage?.........if so, how do you know where they are and how do you know its not a little garage that you can't get in or out of with a large RV?

Any horror stories of getting stuck with a big RV in garages, roads, town centres ect???......

When I went to fill mine for the 1st time (when I picked her up) I had to reverse up to the autogas as the way out was too tight a turn to drive through...........then after I had paid I came out to find 3 cars queing in front of me (did they think I was stuck in reverse and I was gonna drive home like that??)
I got into the drivers seat, started her up and waited for them to move..............nothing! so I politely asked them to reverse back so I could drive out to which the lady 1st in the que said " you shouldn't have driven in the wrong way and you certainly should have brought THAT great big thing into here!!

Everyone moved back to let me out and I thanked them (except for the lady who gave me a mouthfull as she just sat there shaking her head as I pulled out)

Some people eh?..............and thats prob what she was thinking about me too lol!

Boo

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes I have had a couple of tight spots but nothing compared to the advantages of running on gas.

In 7000 miles i am very happy and well on my way to covering the cost of conversion.

No doubt you will here some negative comments but mainly from those that have never had an LPG vehicle.

My Jeep Grand Cherokee 5700cc run on LPG to:thumb:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

No doubt you will here some negative comments but mainly from those that have never had an LPG vehicle.

I don't believe that John .. .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: what ever gave you that idea.. :RollEyes:

Serious note.. Petrol does have a tank life, you should try not to store it for too long ..perhaps a good plan to run on petrol and fill with fresh every so often ?

but what do I know.. I'm a diesel head :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Even on the newest system you run the for the few few minutes miles on petrol so can rotate your fuel.

So saying mine has a fuel tank problem at the moment so have to start on gas:Doh::RollEyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
i try to run on petrol every now and then as gas doesnt lube the valves to good so at least once a month on petrol plus you use the petrol in the tank like jim says thaT goes stale after a while :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Mine is the new injected type LPG conversion.......and here is another question.......Do I have to run it on petrol until the engine is warm before switching to LPG?

I didn't know you could start them on gas RoadRunner?

Do I have to switch over to petrol before switching off the engine? (just what a friend told me)

Boo

Even on the newest system you run the for the few few minutes miles on petrol so can rotate your fuel.

So saying mine has a fuel tank problem at the moment so have to start on gas:Doh::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Boo my gas car switched over automatically after about 30 seconds,also just switched off to stop then it started on petrol / switched itself to gas---left it to run on gas all the time---you will soon learn to fill up with gas when it starts gulping petrol :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
lpg

hi,my hurricane does about 280 miles on a tank of gas and i fill up when ever i see a easy to get in petrol station.most shell stations sell lpg some asda and morrissons,the big superstores are normaly easy to get in and out,just filled up at heanor derbys 45p litre,so dont mind struggling a bit.hope this helps,muz

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back