Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
During a vigorous cleaning today the lenses from both my Running Lights (I think that's what they are called-one on each corner above cab) became detached from their housings.
There is no thread on them,and when pushed back into place they are not very secure.
I've put a touch of adhesive (Bostik that I found in garage ::bigsmile:) on them and am hoping for best.
Anyone know the proper way to fix the lenses in place ?

Mike

Attachments

• running light (Copy).jpg
    running light (Copy).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 39
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
They look about the same as mine which do screw on. You haven‘t pushed the body too far back into the van so the thread is hidden ? Can you get to the back of them and try and push them through a bit more ?

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
They look about the same as mine which do screw on. You haven‘t pushed the body too far back into the van so the thread is hidden ? Can you get to the back of them and try and push them through a bit more ?

Will have to have another look-I was sure there was no thread on either inside or outside of lens.
Getting to back looked quite a job involving lots of trim in a very confined space ::bigsmile:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looks to me like the rubber 'lip' pulls out over the lip on the lens.

You need a blunt hook with a longish handle to pull around the lip while pushing the lens

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
looks like a rubber round the outside but it may of gone hard and brittle in the sun

looks like the one made by Britax

sometimes its cheaper to replace the whole thing than just buy a new seal. if doing this replace with LED ones as they can be bought as sealed units which dont have the same problems. Plenty on Ebay, just search for front marker lights

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back