Running a network via wifi (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Wonder if anyone can help? The broadband has gone down at the wife's shop, and they doubt they can fix till Monday. She's got cloud phones, so no internet, no phones, no card machine.

So is there a router that works from WiFi with a phone jack? So I can use my mifi to broadcast the signal which the router receives and outputs to the phone jack.

I can then connect the existing phone to the jack and she is back in business?

Or is there a way to connect the mifi straight to the network via its usb socket?

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Wonder if anyone can help? The broadband has gone down at the wife's shop, and they doubt they can fix till Monday. She's got cloud phones, so no internet, no phones, no card machine.

So is there a router that works from WiFi with a phone jack? So I can use my mifi to broadcast the signal which the router receives and outputs to the phone jack.

I can then connect the existing phone to the jack and she is back in business?

Or is there a way to connect the mifi straight to the network via its usb socket?
Not that i am aware of, the best you are likely to achieve is to connect to your mifi's wifi from another device that then repeat it in the shop, you can then connect any device to the router if it has an ethernet connection but not a phone jack

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm a little bit confused, can't she just connect her phone to your MIFI signal?

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Cloud phones minxy, they use the internet to connect, each one comes with its own dedicated router which connects to it using WiFi. You have to use them to use the phones, and they only have network jacks (rj45 plug)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Found this: http://cpc.farnell.com/tp-link/tl-m...NXJFIWQM0MklwdqtgLr-MLlmkDJCz9FMaAsFkEALw_wcB

From my reading it will take a WiFi signal and connect it to a network.

At a glance it looks like it will do the job but you can sometimes get all sorts of weird shit happening when you try and do this sort of thing.

I'd suggest trying to speak to tech support for the phones if possible, explain what's happened, what you want to do and that it's a temporary fix and see what they say.

Card machine is a separate issue if it's an EPOS type one and will need another phone call. I wouldn't hold out much hope though.

No help now but it might be worth her thinking about iZettle or SumUp as a back up card facility just in case this happens again. I know a couple of small business premises that have ditched their conventional card machine completely in favour of iZettle. I'm using one at the moment as my new business is mobile all the time and it's great.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Card machine connects via the internet nick, so I assume as long as I have internet in some form or other they will work.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Card machine connects via the internet nick, so I assume as long as I have internet in some form or other they will work.

Again in theory yes but some conventional EPOS machines can be extraordinarily temperamental

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back