run Excel macro xlsm on Android or Kindle (1 Viewer)

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi I'm hoping some computer techies here can help .
I have made a little lottery program in Excel but it uses macros for button pressing and user input.
The program works perfect on my pc that has Microsoft Excel installed, however the idea was to be able to use it on my phone or kindle, but all the office apps out there can't run macros.
My android phone has Microsoft Office Suite(free) but that version/copy doesn't support macros.
Do you know of any apps or workarounds that will run Excel macro xlsm files on my phone or Kindle please

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Pretty sure Excel VBA macros are only supported on Windows based hardware.

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Appears a good option, though very complicated, I'll post the results and issue copies to all funsters!!!

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Pretty sure Excel VBA macros are only supported on Windows based hardware.
Excel is on Apple Macs as a native app built by Microsoft. I use it daily so can vouch it does things well, if slightly differently at times from Windoze. Ror Android devices is there not an App Store to be searched, cannot help as I am a convinced Apple man with an iPhone and iPad and MacBook.
Just looked, there is an Office 365 for Android but it is as all Office 365 a paid for service. Eventually I went for it as it is up to date all the time and reliable as I needed that for my voluntary work

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Office 365 won't run macros on Android.
I just did a 7day trial offer and cancelled it immediately after failure.
SpreadSheetConverter can't convert macro xlsm files either.
My last hope is going to be AppsGeyser, which I'll try next.

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
After exhaustive searches; VBA macro Excel xlsm files will not run on android, not now, nor will it ever in the future.
The VBA code can only be handled by Windows based pc's.
There is a system where your file is stored on a Window based server and your web browser interacts with the server, and shows the program running on your android ...£12 a month, not likely!!
That's put that to bed.
When I want to use my lotto sytem to win my millions, I'll just have to turn on the pc each time.
Any way spending 1 million should take a fair while in between each winnings.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Excel is on Apple Macs as a native app built by Microsoft. I use it daily so can vouch it does things well, if slightly differently at times from Windoze. Ror Android devices is there not an App Store to be searched, cannot help as I am a convinced Apple man with an iPhone and iPad and MacBook.
Just looked, there is an Office 365 for Android but it is as all Office 365 a paid for service. Eventually I went for it as it is up to date all the time and reliable as I needed that for my voluntary work
Apologies. There is, of course, an Apple version of MS Office.:doh:

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Ha Ha problem sorted
I have just bought a really cheap refurbished Microsoft Windows 10 phone.
I had never known phones ran on the Microsoft sytem, they're made by Nokia, Lumia range.

As far as phones go, they don't receive very good reviews, but the Windows operating system will let me use Excel and VB macro xlsm files.

I should now be able to plan my million pound lottery tickets from the comfort of my chair on a hand held device.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ha Ha problem sorted
I have just bought a really cheap refurbished Microsoft Windows 10 phone.
I had never known phones ran on the Microsoft sytem, they're made by Nokia, Lumia range.

As far as phones go, they don't receive very good reviews, but the Windows operating system will let me use Excel and VB macro xlsm files.

I should now be able to plan my million pound lottery tickets from the comfort of my chair on a hand held device.
Now if I knew you were gonna go down that road I could have searched high and low to try and find one of the two that I've got kicking about somewhere!:smiley:

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
When I moved from Windows to MacBook, I switched from Office to Libre Office. My Excel macros required a little bit of tweaking to operate properly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back