Rudesheim (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are planning a few days away next week, and fancy a couple of nights in Rudesheim, and maybe cycle a few km of the Rhine cycle path, subject to the weather.
All the campsites seem closed, but I guess we can 'park up'.
Any ideas or suggestions ??

As always, thanks

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
there will be a aire nearby hopefully we stayed there a couple of years back and it was a great place to visit

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There are Aires every few kilometres along the Rhine, so there should be no problem finding parkings. I prefer the west bank as there are more villages. Unfortunately you are a couple of weeks late for the Rhine on fire celebrations at St Gore.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Have not been to Rhudesheim for a few years now, but there was a site right on the river, literally 500 metres up from the ferry jetty that was open all year round. While you are there, have a large Asbach for me!! (y)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Rudesheim we thought was scruffy and run down, a lot of the shops and streets leave something to be desired.

The cable car is fun though.

Paul.

rebellious 1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Funster No
The Cable car trip is excellent value up to the Neiderwald monument,then walk through the forest to arrive at wild deer enclosure,and ride back to Assmanshousen on the chair lift,finally catch ferry back to Rudesheim.Details at cable car station in centre of town, was 14 euro for all in round trip.Drosselgasse also worthy of evening visit,good meals and beer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
It was DM 5 for the guided tour of the distillery at the time I was there, we then had a few beers in a cellar bar called The Aviator, it had genuine Aircraft Seats and WWII bits from all sorts dotted around. Dont know if its still there now of course but will return to find out one day!! Good Luck any way its a beautiful part of the world.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back