RSV in Florida (1 Viewer)

Carbo

Free Member
Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't have one yet
Exp
Me and my partner are planning a fly drive for late December from Orlando and travelling the west coast. This will be my first time doing this and I wonder if anyone can offer me guidance ? (He drives for a living so the drive is not an issue)
1. Is it easy to find a parking site so we can sleep?
2. Is it more economical to drive w car and stay in hotel OR use a motorhome?
Thanks for any help and guidance

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
We have done this with a hire car and hotel/motel accommodation and thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn’t book anywhere in advance except first and last night.

Reading threads on here, it seems that American RV camping sites are not the nicest in the world and are rather expensive compared to Europe. If you want to stay in one of the National Parks you need to plan and book well in advance.

I’ll try and find one of the threads so you can read about it yourself.

Here you are (they did take their own MH though)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
2. Is it more economical to drive w car and stay in hotel OR use a motorhome?
If your just getting from A to B a hire car and hotels / motels probably, but if you want a holiday then an RV motorhome much more enjoyable.
Can't help on campsites but there must be plenty, lots of RV's in USA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Florida sites will be very busy with 'Snowbirds' from Canada and Northern states.
It will probably be cheaper for you to do the hire car and motel thing.
Try and visit the local tourist information centers, quite often you will be able to get info booklets which include discount vouchers for motels & hotels. As said above we only ever booked for our first and last night so moving at our own pace.
A couple of places on the west coast other the the big cities we visited and liked were Bonita Beach where we hired a cabin right on the beach for a few nights, also Captiva on Sanibel Island where the beaches were a shell collectors paradise.
Enjoy
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back